Efficient way to remove duplicate items?

tedavenport
tedavenport
Community Member

I just moved all the items from my Primary Vault to my Private Vault under a family account. There were already many duplicate items in this vault, but many of these had updated passwords. What is the best way for me to remove duplicates, while keeping the updated items?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate removal

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tedavenport! Welcome to the forum!

There were already many duplicate items in this vault, but many of these had updated passwords.

So to understand completely: these were not duplicates, right? They were items that you let out of sync, rather than real duplicates with the exact same data.

What is the best way for me to remove duplicates, while keeping the updated items?

If you are on a Mac, you can use 1Password's duplicate removal tool that you find under the Help menu > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items. Note that this will only remove real duplicates though: if you had the same login with different passwords in multiple places, that is not a real duplicate, so 1Password will keep it to avoid data loss.

• tedavenport
    tedavenport
    Community Member

Thank you!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @tedavenport! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.