Where in ver. 7 the license get activated!!!

kazu
kazu
Community Member

I have done a macOS Clean Install. Then I downloaded and installed 1Password 7. Then a popup "Start test phase" appears.

I have a 7 license, I do not want a test phase. I can't find anywhere where the license can be activated? Is this a big game of hide-and-seek?

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @kazu

Thanks for writing in, and please try the following steps to apply the license.

Launch 1Password,
    From the menu bar > 1Password 7 > License...

• kazu
    kazu
    Community Member

There is no such thing after the installation, this is how it looks for me:

• @kazu

There are two possible explanations for that:

1. You downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store, which is not compatible with licenses (subscription only)
    2. You've added a 1Password membership account to your 1Password for Mac install. You can check that under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. You cannot add a license while a membership is active.

Please let me know what you find.

Ben

• kazu
    kazu
    Community Member
    1. I downloaded it today from your website.
    2. I have not signed up for a membership.

Settings are not active:

• @kazu

It appears you haven't yet quit the installer and synced your data to this computer. You may need to do that first before the option to add a license will become available. If you've been syncing with iCloud you'll want to select the "Synchronisieren per iCloud" option on the welcome screen.

Ben

• kazu
    kazu
    Community Member

The entry "Start test phase (Testphase starten)" made me feel nervous - i still have a license. So I did not react further.
    Thanks for your patience, it worked.

• No worries! Glad it worked. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.