Can't empty Trash [UI bug, it is emptied but the UI isn't updated, will be improved in 7.4]

jimmyweg
jimmyweg
Community Member
edited February 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I can't empty the Trash in my 1P desktop app. I right-click the Trash tag and left-click "empty trash." After confirming my choice, the confirmation window closes, but the Trash is not emptied. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1PX 1.18.6
OS Version: Win 10x64
Sync Type: default

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimmyweg!

Are you able to empty your trash from the 1Password X browser extension, or from the 1Password.com website instead?

• Finke03
    Finke03
    Community Member

This is an old bug in the UI of the windows app. It’s the same by me. After reopening the application, the trash folder is empty. This bug exists since more than a year - not sure when AB will fix it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the hint @Finke03! :+1: Indeed, perhaps this is a UI bug, and the trash was emptied. Checking 1Password X or 1Password.com will also help confirm this.

• Hi guys,

This should be mostly fixed in 1Password 7.4 betas. We don't have a timeframe on when it will be released as a stable update.

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member

Yes, after reopening the desktop app, I found that the Trash was empty. I then ran a test and can empty the Trash fine in 1PX 1.18.6.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.