1Password is constantly needing reinstalled on my Chrome (Mac) browser

justnora
justnora
Community Member

I have 2 Mac computers. I use 1P on them both. I have syncing of the Chrome browser turned on. I think 1Password might be breaking when Chrome syncs its new installation of the 1P extension across to the other computer. I need to be able to have Chrome sync without the extension corrupting every time. I'm literally reinstalling the extension daily. Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @justnora! Welcome to the forum!

What happens exactly when the extension stops working?

• justnora
    justnora
    Community Member

Hello and thanks for responding. A box drops down with options that read:

1Password extension (desktop app required)
    1Password
    This Can Read and Change Site Data
    Remove from Chrome
    Hid in Chrome Menu
    Manage Extensions

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@justnora:

Thank you for the clarification. If this happens again, can you please try the following solutions instead of reinstalling, and see if they help?

1. Fully quit Chrome with Cmd+Q.
    2. Should this not be enough, try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password.
  • justnora
    justnora
    Community Member

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, they did not resolve the problem.

• @justnora

To clarify: what you described is the same thing I see when I right click the 1Password extension in my Chrome installation:

Seeing that doesn't by itself indicate any sort of a problem. Are you actually encountering difficulties with using the extension in Chrome? If so could you please describe those difficulties for us?

Thanks.

Ben

• justnora
    justnora
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi Ben, thanks for checking and for responding! I do understand the difference between the results presented when right and left clicking. I was left clicking and receiving the message I originally posted.

I've solved the problem by installing 1Password X on both my Chrome browsers and dumping the companion app extensions offered to me in my 1Password 7 app on my Mac when I clicked "Install Browser Extensions."

Thus far, 1PX is working well in Chrome and playing nicely between my two Macs.

All the best!

• @justnora

Thank you for letting us know, I hope you enjoy 1Password X. I am also a recent convert from the companion extensions.

This discussion has been closed.