Bank Account PIN labelled as a "terrible" password :)

ayembee
ayembee
Community Member

The list of weak passwords correctly excludes Credit Card PINs, but doesn't exclude the PIN field available to items in the Bank Account category (which can also be set, presumably for things like cash cards). Not much you can do about a PIN, as they will always be terrible by any password metric -- any chance of excluding that field for the Bank Account category in the same way as it is already done for the Credit Card category?

Cheers! 8-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ayembee: That bank! You should demand they let you use a strong password! Haha yeah, just kidding! Sorry about that. It doesn't come up since PINs are usually associated with cards, but it might be helpful if 1Password allows you to mark some items to be ignored by Security Audit. That's something we'd like to improve in the future. Thanks for your honest feedback on this! :)

• ayembee
    ayembee
    Community Member

Haha, their security teams are missing a trick for sure -- I'm sure we'd all jump at the chance to wait in-line at ATMs to type our shiny new 24 digit PINs into ATMs every week! :dizzy:

Just thinking that as Bank Account category items do have a "PIN" field by default, it may as well behave consistently. But yup, I've moved it out into a separate cash card entry (in the Credit Card category) to work-around it, so not causing any trouble! (Been doing a digital spring clean of all my older passwords, so just coming across a few small things at the moment). Thx!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha, their security teams are missing a trick for sure -- I'm sure we'd all jump at the chance to wait in-line at ATMs to type our shiny new 24 digit PINs into ATMs every week! :dizzy:

:lol:

Just thinking that as Bank Account category items do have a "PIN" field by default, it may as well behave consistently. But yup, I've moved it out into a separate cash card entry (in the Credit Card category) to work-around it, so not causing any trouble! (Been doing a digital spring clean of all my older passwords, so just coming across a few small things at the moment). Thx!

Agreed. It's weird. But I think ultimately some changes to Security Audit will help with this and much, much more. Cheers! :)

• Dan_Aykroyd
    Dan_Aykroyd
    Community Member

Hi!

Has there been any updates regarding this? My bank login website requires me to fill a username, long password and short password (4 digit numeric code) that always appears as a security issue when reading those reports

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Dan_Aykroyd:

Not yet, sorry!

This discussion has been closed.