Problems with new Chrome username/password plug-in in Macbook Pro

Options
ijpooledc
ijpooledc
Community Member
edited February 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

In Chrome running on a Macbook Pro with Mac OS Catalina (10.15.3) I am having problems with the Chrome username/password plug-in. First, even if I have already unlocked the 1Password app using Touch ID, I have to enter shift-command-X and manually enter my password to unlock 1Password. Shouldn't 1Password only have to be unlocked once, and shouldn't Touch ID when available work within the Chrome plug-in? (The more these kinds of authentication work, the more willing people like me would be to use more complex passwords.) Second, once the plugin is unlocked, it clashes with the Chrome auto-fill at the username field. I would not want to disable Chrome auto-fill because it is a significant timesaver for forms outside of logins. Are other people experiencing this? Will these be addressed in a future update?

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ijpooledc! Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you installed 1Password X in your browser, but from what you wrote, perhaps you should use the companion browser extension instead.

1Password X does not communicate with the desktop application, it is an independent extension that you can use without having to install anything else separately.

If you would like your extension to follow the lock settings of the main app, you should use the companion browser extension instead, or upgrade to 1Password X beta so you can use the new desktop app integration feature (if you prefer to continue using 1Password X).

• ijpooledc
    ijpooledc
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that was indeed the problem. At some point, something went glitchy with 1Password and the browser and I ended up interacting with a dialogue box that I thought was for the browser extension. I wash I could retrace exactly what happened, but I can't. But a few people might encounter a similar problem and become confused as I did. Something to watch out for.

I love the product and appreciate your quick response.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ijpooledc:

Thank you for the update! I am glad that you managed to get things sorted out with the 1Password extension that you prefer.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.