Vivaldi - unable to use fingerprint to unlock

rickcr
rickcr
Community Member

I'm starting to use Vivaldi as my primary browser. For the most part, 1Password extension works fine with it, however, it's a big annoying that in order to use the extension it seems to not let me use my fingerprint. The core 1Password app works fine unlocking with my fingerprint. I think in Chrome, I was able to unlock it with my fingerprint, so not sure if the issue is with the extension or Vivaldi. Not a critical issue, but the fingerprint unlock sure is nice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickcr!

What is the exact version of the 1Password browser extension that you have installed in Vivaldi? From what you wrote, I wonder if you perhaps installed 1Password X instead of the companion browser extension.

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

Yes, I used 1 Password Beta X (1.18.6). Figured that was the most recent. I switched to the desktop companion extension and that works. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rickcr:

You are welcome! 1Password X Beta was the most recent, but you need 1Password for Mac Beta version too, if you want to use fingerprint unlock in the extension ;)

• rickcr
    rickcr
    Community Member

Cool. I'm all about Betas.. so glad to know there is one to try out.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rickcr:

Indeed, and if you run both 1Password for Mac Beta and 1Password X beta, you can enable Desktop App Integration so you can unlock 1Password X with your fingerprint, just like with the companion browser extension. I believe this was not enabled for you because you were not running 1Password for Mac Beta.

This discussion has been closed.