FaceID disappeared...

Honya
Honya
Community Member

Hello,
Yesterday FaceID recognition was disappeared on my 1Password iPhone somehow.
I didn't update anything. 3 days ago it was working. Now only one option is available: Master password.
The point is i forgot master password long time ago. But was able to use 1Password just because of FaceID.
Now I lost ALL.

Is there way to fix this?

P.S. In iPhone iOS settings FaceID is enabled for 1Password app.

1Password Version: 7.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Honya

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble. Without your Master Password it is not possible to unlock 1Password. Face ID has a timeout on it, and it sounds like that timeout was reached. I would suggest trying to remember what your Master Password is, as that would be the only way to recover your data. There is no limit on the number of attempts you can make.

Ben

• Honya
    Honya
    Community Member

I'm using 1Password since 2015. And since then used just Fingerprint (on iPad) or FaceID (on iPhone).
    So I didn't use master password almost 5 years. Very low chance that I remember master because I used "not-common" password for it.
    Quite strange that FaceID is expired now, after several years!

Very disappointed... I really lost a lot of important info.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Honya:

You are asked to enter your Master Password every time you reboot your device, or configure a new one. For example, you are required to reboot your devices every time after an iOS update, so you must have entered your Master Password even more recently than 5 years ago.

This discussion has been closed.