Why not connecting to logins saved in one paswword

dtgardner
dtgardner
Community Member

I can unlock password and get the main menu. icon no longer on menu bar. No Response when I select a name under logins. just not working.
Not responding.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can unlock password and get the main menu. icon no longer on menu bar. Response when I select a name under logins. just no responding.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dtgardner! Welcome to the forum!

As a first attempt, can you please make sure you update to the latest version of 1Password (7.4.2)? You might need to perform a manual update this time since we had an issue with the automatic update in a previous version, which is now fixed.

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

When I click onPassword preferences, get message that most recent version 7.3.2 is most current version. I have no option to update to 7.4.2.

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

How do I perform a manual update?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dtgardner:

Download the latest 1Password installer from the link I shared with you in my previous post, and install the app over your existing one ;)

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

I clicked on the above manually update and clicked on install onepassword. Download appears but I can not see where it is installing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dtgardner:

I am afraid I did not understand what you meant with your last post. Can you please clarify?

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

I opened the manual update link you provided. I clicked on MacOS - Download 1Password 7 for Mac. 1Password - 7.4.2 pkg appears in the download box. I click on install but dos not see where it is installing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@dtgardner:

I click on install but dos not see where it is installing.

What do you see when you double click on the .pkg file? Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

By the way, the installer installs the app in the Applications folder by default.

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

How do I take screen shot and post?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dtgardner - you can learn at this link to take a screenshot of what you’re seeing. To post it, click the image link in the formatting bar above the reply text box here on this forum. Make sure not to include any personally-identifying information in what you send. :)

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

Is there someone I can talk to by phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:is there a phone number when I can talk live to someone

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

Password stopped working. I click on one of my logins. Will not oof in to site.

• dtgardner
    dtgardner
    Community Member

will not log in to site.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dtgardner:

We do not offer phone support, but we will be happy to help you here in the forum for as long as necessary to get this sorted. Can you please try posting a screenshot as requested, based on the instructions from my colleague Lars above? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.