1Password icon missing from Safari toolbar

tobindia
tobindia
Community Member

I've been running 1Password 7 for several months. This morning, the icon was missing from Safari. My attempts to install it seem to meet dead ends:

1Password 7 > Install Browser Extensions only seems to let me install all of 1Password 7, which I am reluctant to do.

Safari > Safari Extensions does not show 1Password

So, before I mess things up further, I thought I'd ask you for guidance.

Mac: 10.13.6
1Password: 7.4.2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tobindia!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Can you see the 1Password browser extension under Safari Preferences > Extensions tab now?

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member

I did that, but the 1Password browser extension still does not show in Safari Preferences > Extensions.

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member

Well... I seem to have gotten some sort of malware on my Mac. Other odd things seemed to happen, also. So, I ran Onyx Maintenance, and that seems to cleared things up. The 1Password Mini icon is now on Safari's toolbar, and all seems to working properly.

Now, how do I go about changing my Master Password? I have a MacBook Air, 1 iPad, and 2 iPhones all running current OS software and sharing iPassword 7. It says that I have 2 vaults (tho I don' know why), and 1 Family, if that's relevant.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tobindia:

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear that things are working again for you :)

Now, how do I go about changing my Master Password?

Please see this tutorial for the instructions.

It says that I have 2 vaults (tho I don' know why)

Do you use both?

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member

ag_ana:

I have Changed my Master Password. Thank you.

Regarding the "2 vaults" issue: The terminology is a bit confusing. Under "TOBINDIA'S FAMILY" I see "Private" and "Shared." I assume that they are the 2 vaults. When I click on "Private" I see all of my entries, When I click on "Shared" I see nothing. Shall I delete "Shared"?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tobindia:

Shared is one of the two default vaults that are created when you create a 1Password account. It is used to share items with other users in your account. You can delete it if you want, but it won't hurt to leave it there should you need it in the future.

This discussion has been closed.