When I click a 1PW link in chrome it opens a sales pitch for 1password7

Tom Pyzdek
Tom Pyzdek
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

When I click a 1PW link in chrome it opens a sales pitch for 1password7 instead of opening the link

[edited to remove Personally Identifying Information; this is a public forum]

I don't want or need a subscription, I just need 1password to work as it has for many years. It's working fine on Chrome for windows 10.

1Password Version: 7.4.2 (70402005)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:When I click a 1PW link in chrome it opens a sales pitch for 1password7

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Tom Pyzdek Have you purchased a license for 1Password 7? They're separate purchases, so the license you have on Windows won't work for Mac. You might want to re-examine the Subscription model with that in mind, since it is less expensive than the double license charge. hth

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Tom Pyzdek - @vplewis is correct: what you're seeing isn't a "sales pitch," it's a notification that you haven't paid for the version of 1Password you have installed (version 7). That's also why you see the "Read Only" in the screenshot you posted (I removed it because it had several of your accounts, with the email addresses you used to register for them).

There are two ways to pay for 1Password 7 for Mac: the purchase of a standalone license (that's the "Need a license? We have those too" link in the Purchase Options screen), or a 1password.com subscription membership. Our suggestion is the membership, for multiple reasons, but if you're certain you'd prefer the standalone license route, you can certainly click that link and grab a license for version 7. They're currently on sale for $49.99, over 23% off the full retail price of $64.99. Let us know if you have any questions.

• Tom Pyzdek
    Tom Pyzdek
    Community Member

I have a license already. How do I install it?

• Tom Pyzdek
    Tom Pyzdek
    Community Member

How do I know what version to install?

• Tom Pyzdek
    Tom Pyzdek
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Here's the order info [edited to remove Personally Identifying Information; this is a public forum]

• @Tom Pyzdek

Please email us your order information at support+forum@1password.com so we can see what you ordered. When you email in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot. Please post that ID here so we can follow up.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.