1P7 keeps directing me to enable extension preference in Safari, but it is there. I have rebooted.

cmorey
cmorey
Community Member

In the past two hours 1P7 directs me to enable Safari preference. It is selected in Safari preferences. I have re-booted my Mac, but to no avail. 1P7 did work earlier today. Suggestion?

1Password Version: 7.4.?
Extension Version: 7.4.2
OS Version: OSX 15.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1P7 keeps directing me to enable extension preference in Safari, but it is there. I have rebooted.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cmorey! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please confirm the exact version of the 1Password app? You wrote 7.4.? in your post, so it would be great if you could confirm the exact version number. Thank you!

• cmorey
    cmorey
    Community Member

7.4.2 (70402005) BTW, I was able to use 1P in Firefox browser. However, Safari is my default. Thank you for responding. (I am not great technically, so please keep it as simple as possible.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cmorey:

Thank you for the confirmation. Did you download 1Password from our website or from the Mac App Store? In case you don't remember, you can see this information if you click on the About 1Password menu too:

• Gromski
    Gromski
    Community Member

I had this exact issue with the App Store version. Just downloaded the app from the Agilebits website and it seems to have solved the issue.

• cmorey
    cmorey
    Community Member

Well, ag_ana, I do not know if this is a "reply" as it is labeled "comment", but.... I purchased 1P7 from the Mac App store, but I am surprised that there should be any difference. Thanks for your assistance.

• ersan191
    ersan191
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

A reboot fixed this for me. It started when the App Store version was updated 3 days ago. I think it had something to do with 1Password being open and the App Store couldn't fully update it since when I checked the 1Password app about page it said it was version 7.4.1 but App Store said it was updated to 7.4.2

After reboot it says 7.4.2 and everything works again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you all for the updates! We have let the development team know about this and we will continue to investigate.

• Manta230
    Manta230
    Community Member

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing the same issue for version 7.4.4 (from the Mac App Store). If I go to the link below, it shows that the extension is installed and turned on even though it's unresponsive.

https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/

I've found that if I quit 1Password completely and then launch it again (with Safari running), the Safari extension starts working again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Manta230:

Thank you for confirming that quitting 1Password completely and launching it again worked for you too :+1:

• jlweaver22
    jlweaver22
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem on a recurring basis. I fumble through getting the extension reinstalled, it's ok for a few days, and then disappears soon after I get a "Enable extension in Safari" message. It's becoming annoying to keep fixing it and then it keeps disappearing. Obviously I'm not really "fixing" it. Please help.

• Hi @jlweaver22

This will unfortunately happen every time you update 1Password if you do not quit Safari before updating. We'd like to be able to put better messaging out during the update process to indicate this, but unfortunately that seems to only add further difficulties. For now the best I could suggest would to be sure that 1Password and Safari are completely quit before installing an update.

Ben

• jlweaver22
    jlweaver22
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben! I'll shut them both down and reinstall in hopes it finally stays stable.

• Please let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• jlweaver22
    jlweaver22
    Community Member

Ben ... It worked for awhile. I shut down everything, rebooted, and all was good. Until today ... Same problem occurred and, to my knowledge, I haven't updated 1Password in a while. I rebooted again but this time the 1P is missing from Safari. I tried rebooting again and same problem. How do I get it back?

• @jlweaver22,

I've not encountered this particular situation in the several years working on the Safari App Extension in 1Password, so I can't say with any certainty that these instructions will be helpful or not, but its worth a shot?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/561381/#Comment_561381

This discussion has been closed.