Weird internal identifiers being synced

Hi, I've just set up a handful of groups and vaults, but have noticed one really weird artifact when adding new users to groups. On the mac app (not sure if it happens on other devices also), the new user sees a bunch of weird internal identifiers (see screenshot where they have been granted access to 3 vaults).

Here's how I reproduced:

• Create a vault
  • Create a group and assign Full Access to the vault
  • Invite a new user
  • Confirm the user and add them to the group

At this point, the vault appears in the user's sidebar but has the weird identifier.

Weirdly, the one way I've found to "fix" this is to grant the new user individual access to the vault, and then remove it 30 seconds later. This seems to trigger the sending down of the real vault name.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2 (70402004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5 (18F203)
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• edwardaux
    edwardaux
    Community Member

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I click on any of those weird vault identifiers, there's no buttons to add/edit items. As soon as I've done the hacky fix, the vault's name synchronises down and the add button appears.

• Hi @edwardaux

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If these folks log in using the web interface (https://start.1password.com) do they see this, by chance?

Or do things appear properly within the web interface?

Ben

• edwardaux
    edwardaux
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

No, they normally see your screenshot before I've confirmed and added them to the group.

Once I've confirmed and added them to a group, the vault names appear correctly on the website (see below screenshot)... however things only sync down to the mac app correctly if I manually add them as individuals to the vault, wait 30 seconds and then remove them - which negates the value of being able to assign them to a group.

• Understood; thanks. The next time this happens, while it is in the odd state, please generate a diagnostic report from the computer experiencing the trouble. To do so please see these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111267/weird-internal-identifiers-being-synced#latest
    • Your forum username: edwardaux

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• @edwardaux

Good news: I was just informed that this is a bug that the development team is aware of and has already fixed for (hopefully) the next update.

Ben

• edwardaux
    edwardaux
    Community Member

Ah, that's awesome news Ben. Thanks so much for following up.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.