Auto-fill behavior differences in Safari between iPad and iPhone

harish_ravikumar
harish_ravikumar
Community Member

Dear team,

I noticed a difference in the way auto-fill works between iPhone and iPad (Safari browser, non-private browsing).

If I open a website for in iPad, the auto-fill directly suggests the username. Upon clicking it and authenticating, the login is successful.
If the same website is opened from my iPhone, the auto-fill is not showing any suggestions, rather I'll have to click the Passwörter, open 1Password app, select the associated login and the form-filling is then done.

I have even checked in my iPhone settings where I have selected 1Password app for 'Automatisch ausfüllen' in Passwörter & Accounts.

I recall this is not the same behavior in the past, why is 1Password auto-fill works differently for the same website?

Please let me know if my explanation is not clear.

Thanks,
Harish

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @harish_ravikumar

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. How are you syncing your data between the two devices? Do they each have exactly the same vaults (e.g. it isn't a case where you have 2 vaults on the iPhone but only 1 on the iPad)? Do you have multiple Login items for this website?

Please let me know.

Ben

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hello @Ben
    Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same vaults in both iPhone and iPad. Also the issue is occurring for websites where I have single login credential.

Thanks,
    Harish

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar:

If you reboot both your devices, do you see the Passwörter option on both of them the first time you try to use 1Password?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Usually after I restart my device, I’ll unlock the 1Password app first before using it for any form fills.
    This way, I have the suggestions automatically coming up in the browsers.

Let me know if it helps.

Br, Harish

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar:

And after you have unlocked your 1Password app (on both devices), do both of them keep showing you different things when you try to use 1Password to fill your logins in Safari?

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

@ag_ana Apologies for my delayed response to this thread. Yes, I keep the app unlocked (after any restarts) to ensure that auto-fill works.

It appears that the issue has resolved itself, when I try logging in to the same website. I don't know what caused this glitch, but it now works alike in both iPhone and iPad.

Thank you!

• Glad to hear it seems to be working now. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.