1Password 7 not behaving with 1Password X

lightcap
lightcap
Community Member

On 1Password 7.4.2 and 1Password X running MacOS 10.15.2 on the Brave browser Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit).

X keeps getting disconnected somehow from 1Password 7 resulting in the attached screenshot. The behavior seems to be new, so I've uninstalled and reinstalled X twice now and restarted Brave.

When it happens X will only allow a master password (not TouchID).

How do I get this to stop and stay connected?

1Password Version: 7.4.2 and X
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

Hey @lightcap

If I followed along correctly? Then update to 1Password beta 7.4.3-0 Only the betas support desktop integration aka Touch ID. The easiest method is to enable betas in your 1Password preferences and check for updates. For desktop integration to function you must run the beta of the desktop app and the beta of 1Password X. * Be sure you only have on version of our extension or 1Password X enabled at any given time. Failure to do so may yield highly unpredictable results.

Desktop: https://support.1password.com/betas/
    1Password X: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79610/how-to-install-1password-x-beta-in-chrome-and-firefox#latest

• lightcap
    lightcap
    Community Member

Okay, I may skip it then. I'm not too keen on running beta security related software :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lightcap - I get it! Some people like to live out on the bleeding edge, and others not so much, especially when it comes to their most important data. We wouldn't release any version of 1Password we didn't think was dangerously unstable, but having said that, yep...it's a beta, with all that entails. If you change your mind, you'll need both the beta of 1Password X and the beta of 1Password 7 for Mac to enable Desktop App Integration - at least for now.

• Aff1n1ty
    Aff1n1ty
    Community Member

Hello,

Any roadmap or approximate date for the integration of Touch ID support (Desktop App Integration for 1Password X) into the stable release?

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@Aff1n1ty:

We don't have an approximate date for our features. We normally move them from the beta to the stable channel as soon as we feel they are ready for everyone, and since this changes based on the feature, we never share timelines, because it would be a great way to be wrong most of the time :)

• Aff1n1ty
    Aff1n1ty
    Community Member

Of course, I understand your (good) strategy ;)
    So, I will wait patiently...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your understanding @Aff1n1ty :)

This discussion has been closed.