New MacBook fresh Catalina 10.15.3 -- 1Password 7.4.2 hangs at initial account setup

Options
jrothlis
jrothlis
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

AgileBits Update: Please see this post for the latest information on this issue: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/547954/#Comment_547954

I've just reinstalled Catalina 10.15.3 on my MacBook, and now 1Password 7.4.2 from the App Store won't go past the adding an account phase (it just freezes permanently like this -- I have to force quit it). Is this a bug with 7.4.2? I haven't had any trouble setting up 1Password before!

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: my.1Password

Comments

• jrothlis
    jrothlis
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I've installed the version downloaded from the 1Password website, and I think I know what the problem is: immediately after this dialog box (screenshot above), on the downloaded version I get the Duo 2FA prompt, so I'm guessing Catalina is blocking this popup somehow and Agilebits forgot to test this on a brand new install of Catalina? It's working, but I'd rather have the App Store version, it's just easier to keep everything updated.

• schoenberger
    schoenberger
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue! Help!

• schoenberger
    schoenberger
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue. I went and installed the download from 1Password.com and it fired right up.

• concrete
    concrete
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue, Phew!!! I was going nuts! thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jrothlis! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear that the 1Password version from our website worked without issues. I have let the developers know about what you experienced so they can investigate if there is something wrong with the Mac App Store version :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@schoenberger, @concrete:

For confirmation, do you also have Two-Factor Authentication enabled for your 1Password account?

• concrete
    concrete
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana: Hi yes have Two-Factor Authentication enabled for my account. thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation :+1:

• Ben
    Options

Hi all,

To avoid duplicating efforts I'm going to direct everyone to this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/547954/#Comment_547954

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.