New Download will not log in

Zaka7
Zaka7
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

AgileBits Update: Please see this post for the latest information on this issue: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/547954/#Comment_547954

Hi, I got my Mum an new iMac, and am downloading all the required apps etc, I am pretty good with tech and am a confident 1PW user.

For some reason when I download the app from the mac app store and type the credentials in, the page just hangs and nothing happens. I know the information is correct as I have the details in front of me, and have succesfully downloaded the 1PW X app with the same info and that works a treat. Is something wrong with the latest mac store version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

Update, I downloaded direct from your website and it worked no problem. Is there any difference between the Mac store version and the website version? I may delete and download mine from the web if it is worthwhile. I assume it just gets updates faster?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Zaka_7!

That's correct, the website version of 1Password gets updates faster than the one from the Mac App Store.. I have also passed your feedback about the login process to our developers, so they can take a look at why this happened :+1:

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana I deleted and re downloaded on my own mac from the mac store and it works fine, so not really sure what was happening, either way both are now working fine and all good, thankyou for your help :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Zaka_7:

I am glad to hear this :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Hi all,

To avoid duplicating efforts I'm going to direct everyone to this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/547954/#Comment_547954

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.