Stuck at sign on new Macbook?

Options
sarxsvt
sarxsvt
Community Member

I can't seem to sign in on my new Macbook.

I've not used 1password on Mac OS before, but I use it on my Iphone and Ipad successfully. I also logged in and out successfully there, so its not an issue with knowing a password or login.

I installed 1Password 7 from the app store on a new Macbook (Catalina 10.15.3) last night. Ive tried scanning the setup QR from my Iphone as well as manually typing in my secret and login information.

Everytime I basically get stuck on the account details screen with a spinning circle above the "sign in" button when I enter my account information and submit it.

I've tried restarting several times, updating the OS, uninstalling 1Password from the app store, then restarting and reinstalling.

None of these steps have solved my issue, I still just get a spinning circle on the account details page when trying to sign in.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vincentleung
    vincentleung
    Community Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

I have the same spinning issue here. My employer just invited me to the 1Password Team account and I can't sign in to the 1Password Mac App.

However, iPhone, web, 1Password X work for me.

My personal account still works, but I added it long time ago. So probably this is a recent bug in Mac app?

I tried a few times and I got this even though Mac language setting is English.

• vincentleung
    vincentleung
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I tried too many times and I get this now even in 1Password X.

AgileBits needs to fix this asap

• sarxsvt
    sarxsvt
    Community Member
    Options

For others finding themselves in this situation I uninstalled the version from the App Store and installed the download direct from the 1Password website. That worked perfectly fine and solved my issue.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I apologize for the delayed reply. Please see this thread for the latest comment:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/547954/#Comment_547954

Thank you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.