Make it easy to report sites that 1Password does not autofill

I'm often disappointed that 1password can't autofill so many basic forms. I think it would be nice to have a feature on a 1password browser menu to "report form fill broken" or similar. And the feature would log the information to 1password servers automatically.

There are many nice things about 1password software. But the basic form filling seems lacking. As a software developer, it's hard for me to understand why some forms can be filled and others cannot when the labels for form fields are very similar if not exactly the same.

Latest example form not filled: soccer.com login form.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chriscage90 ,

If you encounter filling issues on specific websites, you are more than welcome to report them to us either here on the forum or via email to support+filling-site@1password.com.

You didn't mention which browser you are using and which extension you are using, so I went ahead and tested soccer.com with the companion extension in Chrome - it autofilled perfectly. Can you please elaborate and write a step-by-step description of your actions and their consequences so I can reproduce the issue here?

• chriscage90
    chriscage90
    Community Member

Hi Yaron,

Safari browser in this case. I use chrome as well. I went back just now and the form filled. Was not multiple times over a few days before I posted above. I believe I have rebooted or restarted the browser since. Perhaps the safari extension crashes or gets in a bad way after the browser is open for a time. It is not the best solution to close and reopen browser every time forms do not fill, but I will try it when I can.

Thanks for your response.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chriscage90 ,
    Thanks for the update.

If 1Password doesn't autofill a certain website, you should click on the 1Password icon at the top of Safari's toolbar and make sure that 1Password works and did not crash. Another test would be to try and autofill a different website. If you found that 1Password crashed, we might need to dig deeper into your setup and find the root cause of this issue, so feel free to email us at support+extensions@1password.com alongside a diagnostics report from your Mac:

If you're experiencing crashes or malfunctioning Safari extension often, we'll probably be able to help you out after looking at your setup.
    Other than that, if you're experiencing filling issues (which you can test on multiple browsers and confirm), you can definitely report these as well and we will test them for you and forward it to our developers if needed.

This discussion has been closed.