TouchID autofill in Firefox not working any more

Doukiwi
Doukiwi
Community Member

Hi all,
Last update of 1password seems to have excluded the touchID autofill function in Firefox browser.
Before, I could click on the 1P icon (in the Mac task bar), use TouchID and click "automatic fill"
Now, TouchID open a small windows saying "Install the 1p extension to fill"...

This function of 'touchID autofill" is really useful. Can I get it back?

Thank you for you help!

1Password Version: last
Extension Version: last
OS Version: last
Sync Type: no idea...

Comments

• @Doukiwi

Sounds to me, as if you were using 1Password X, with Desktop APP Integration. If that's the case, you will need the beta of the 1Password X, and the Mac app beta. Those are currently the only ones that support the TouchID feature.

You can also try the following, if Firefox was in the process of updating.

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely using ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Quit Firefox
    3. Open and unlock 1Password
    4. Open Firefox
  • Doukiwi
    Doukiwi
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy,
    wow... so I had beta apps... not a clue. But that OK. So I will try that and tell you if it works.
    Thanks for you answer !

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@Doukiwi

I am sorry, I incorrectly read your post, you can indeed have TouchID with the standard Mac app. I misconstrued the details with a 1Password X extension issue. Can you tell me more about the issue you are seeing? Maybe it will give me a clearer picture of what's happening. I would try the quit and restart procedure I mentioned above.

edit: I was thinking you were part of this issue. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110838/beta-1-18-6-fails-to-auto-fill-logins-on-firefox#latest

If you were using 1Password X it may be relevant, so please let me know what extension you were/are using.

Thanks

• Doukiwi
    Doukiwi
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hey,
    Yep, I was wondering how it could have been in a beta app since I did not knowingly installed a beta.
    for info, I tried the beta and it's still not working.

this small windows used to allow me to "automatic fill" the credentials inside the Firefox website. Now it refers to Firefox extension.

Not sure if I'm clear...

• @Doukiwi

I am following your thoughts. :)

Do you happen to have more than one copy of the extension enabled in Firefox at any given time? Doing so can cause unexpected results.

• Doukiwi
    Doukiwi
    Community Member

@ag_tommy ,
    Not that I know, I unistalled the previous one before installing the new.
    It seems that the function was gone after an update of 1P (before I installed the beta version).

• Doukiwi
    Doukiwi
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

(EDIT)

I found the solution in another thread of this forum.
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110511/touchid-support-for-firefox-on-mac

To keep touchID working on Firefox, we need the companion app, not the 1password X extension. (not sure about the diffrerence though).

thx @ag_tommy for trying to help ;)

• :+1: :) I am glad you found the solution.

This discussion has been closed.