Double entries on Apple Watch 4

stevenj
stevenj
Community Member

Hello,
I've recently upgraded from the "stand alone" version to the subscription version of 1Password.

Using Macbook Pro (OSX 10.15.1), Iphone X (ios 13.3.1), and Apple watch 4 (v6.1.2). However, on my Apple Watch 4, every entry is listed twice. In addition, updates of password entries are not consistent across all devices. I tried the shutting off the iphone, un-enabling 1Password on the watch, re-syncing 1Password on my phone, etc. I did notice one thing that caught my attention - on my iphone, when I go to 1Password/settings/vaults, under "all vaults" it shows 1 vault, but further down, it shows a personal vault (i think this is the one use on my subscription acct, and underneath that, under "icloud", it says "primary". I have sevefral screens captures, but I couldn't find a way to attach them to this post.

After I upgraded to the subscription acct, I remember following the directions on your website and it stated to delete one of the vaults as it was no longer needed. So, my uneducated theory is that the "primary" vault is the previous standalone vault and that's the one being updated in icloud, and that's why it doesn't have the most recent updated passwords since my updates are being saved to the "personal" vault. But wait there's more! - and that's why my iphone is displaying duplicate entries because it is displaying entried from both the "personal" and "primary" vaults. Am I close? :-).

I guess the more important question is how do I straighten all this out?
thanks guys!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.3
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:double entries on apple watch 4

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevenj!

After I upgraded to the subscription acct, I remember following the directions on your website and it stated to delete one of the vaults as it was no longer needed. So, my uneducated theory is that the "primary" vault is the previous standalone vault and that's the one being updated in icloud, and that's why it doesn't have the most recent updated passwords since my updates are being saved to the "personal" vault.

Correct, you should remove the Primary vault :)

If you moved to a 1Password Membership, you should use the vaults included in your account, and remove your old Primary vault that is synced with iCloud. Before you do that, make sure that you have moved all items from it though. Once all your data is inside your account, you can then remove the Primary vault to remove the duplicates ;)

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

thanks for the response. I deleted the primary vault listed under "icloud" on my iphone, turned off and turned back on the app on my watch, but there are still duplicate entries for all listings on my watch. Is there something else I need to do? Also, I assume that since there is no icloud back-up, there is another somewehre so that new entries will remain consistent across all my devices?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@stevenj:

Do you see the duplicates also on your iPhone?

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

no, duplicates only on my watch...

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

good morning,
    My watch updated its software overnight, and low and behold, problem seems to be solved! Single entries on my watch. Maybe it was the reboot of the watch that did that, but I'm pretty sure I did all that the other day. Anyhoo, I'm good! :-)

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@stevenj

Thanks for letting us know your issue is fixed. Please reach out if you need further assistance.

• stevenjklein
    stevenjklein
    Community Member

@ag_tommy wrong Steven.

• @stevenjklein My bad auto complete got me, my apologies.

This discussion has been closed.