How to move item with link between vaults while preserving links?

martineno
martineno
Community Member

I have recently tried to move an item between vaults that has a link to a file. When I invoked a move command, I got a dialog box telling me that the link will be broken. It would be nice if I got an option to move the linked item to a new vault, rather then having to move everything individually and then re-link it.

Steps
1. Create an item in a vault
2. Link it to another item (e.g. add a file)
3. Move the item to another vault

Expected
1Password asks whether I want to move the linked item to the other vault as well, preserving the link.

Actual
1Password asks to confirm the link will will be broken.

Troubleshooting
I have tried selecting both the item and it's linked file and invoking the move on both of them, but the I received the same dialog telling me the link will be broken.

Workaround
Move the items individually and then relink them. This works, but is tedious and error prone.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martineno!

Thank you for taking the time to report this! Our developers are aware of the limitation, and hopefully we will manage to get rid of it in a future update :)

• martineno
    martineno
    Community Member

Thank you! Looking forward to the update!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• LaForce
    LaForce
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

What does the 'hopefully' count? Is this on the list? Or in works already?

I just switched to 1PW7 and now am in the state of cleaning up my database, where I have quite some of these items.

Isn't there any scripting support or something? Moving and re-linking things manually seems pretty cumbersome ;)

This discussion has been closed.