iOS devices not syncing with desktops

mtparis
mtparis
Community Member

I am a subscriber. 1pw version1Password 7
Version 7.4.2 (70402004)
1Password Store
iPhone and iPad not syncing with laptop and iMac. License on iPad says 6.0.2. same on iPhone. laptop indicates version 6.0.2 under software licenses, but 7.4.2 when I select "about 1 password).Please advise

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mtparis,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting your devices to sync. To have things work smoothly:

• All of your devices should be running 1Password v7. 1Password 7 for iOS can be found here: 1Password for iOS on the App Store. It sounds like you may already be actually running v7 and just have a record of an old license stored in 1Password. That isn't a problem, so long as all of the devices are actually running v7.
    • There shouldn't be a "Primary" vault on any of your devices
    • You should be able to make a change on any device and then see that change reflected on https://my.1password.com/ - for any device where that isn't the case, there is some sort of configuration issue. Please test creating an item on each device and note which items do not end up on 1Password.com. Those are the devices we'll need to look closer at.

Thanks!

Ben

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

all devices created revised logins (pwd's) and they appeared at 1password.com. There are no primary vaults. I see that iPhone and iPad are running ver 7.4.5

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

strange?? all the revised passwords I just created on all 4 devices showed up at 1password.com and on all 4 devices. The pwd that started all this was a revised gmail pwd re-created yesterday. I see it is there on the iPad but not the iPhone. OS X devices have it.

• That is indeed strange @mtparis. When was the Gmail item originally created? I wonder if there is an issue with that particular item preventing it from syncing. I would suggest creating a new Gmail login item with the appropriate details and see if that syncs. If it does, and it works, then you could delete the original item.

Ben

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

Is today Friday the 13th? To your question, the gmail item was created in oct 2019. I did create a new google pwd and it has synced everywhere. Problem solved. Mystery not. Thanks.

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

maybe this does make some sense. When I changed the google password yesterday, I tried to clean up the google account sign-ins. There were a bunch, with variations on the title: e.g. gmail, google, accounts.google, myaccount.google. Things like that. So I deleted a bunch, consolidated and edited, and this must have corrupted something. Anyway, fixed now.

• Glad to hear you were able to find a solution. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

I thought this was fixed, but again today I had need to create a new login/pwd. Again, all MAC, including iMac, laptop, iPhone and iPad; all current os's and 1 pwd version 7.4.2. I created the new login on the iMac. It is retained on mini-app on iMac desktop, but does not show up at 1password.com and is not synced with other devices. I then created a new "test" login/pwd on the laptop. It sync's with iOS devices and shows up at 1password.com, but does not sync with iMac. The iMac appears to be the culprit, neither sending nor receiving logins which show up at 1 password.com. Please advise.

• @mtparis

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iMac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/548202/#Comment_548202
    • Your forum username: mtparis

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• mtparis
    mtparis
    Community Member

[#ACY-75582-431]

• Thanks; will be in touch via email shortly. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.