I need to change the access to my private vault on a business account. Can you help?

Hi. I cannot access the management portion for my private account. It appears that I gave access to administrators when I started using 1Password. Can I change this setting?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change group access private vault

Comments

• Hi @ChristinaPM

It isn't possible to give a different user access to your Private vault, but to be clear: we do not recommend storing personal information anywhere inside of a 1Password Business account. Instead users within 1Password Business memberships should establish their own 1Password Families memberships. 1Password Business includes a separate family membership for each user:

Link a family account to your business account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ChristinaPM
    ChristinaPM
    Community Member

Hi, Ben.

I think that's why I'm so confused. My boss definitely has full access to my Private vault and I can't figure out how that happened especially since according to your systems that isn't possible. He's an administrator and so am I, which may play into it.

I'm not worried about him accessing my account as it only has work related items there, but the concern about privacy is giving him pause on using the system. It would be helpful if someone could contact me directly to verify the issue and remedy it.

Christina

• @ChristinaPM

The only two ways in which I can think that would be possible are:

1. Your boss is logging into your 1Password account instead of their own.
    2. The vault you're referring to as your private vault is actually a shared vault, instead of the built-in default "Private" vault.

If your boss signs in at https://start.1password.com using their credentials do they see your "Private" vault? If so, what name do they see for that vault? Do they also see their own Private vault? Likewise, what name do they see for that?

If you'd be more comfortable we can certainly continue the conversation by email. Please feel free to email us at support+forum@1password.com including a link to this thread and your forum username. When you do so you'll get an autoresponse back with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can follow up. :)

Ben

• ChristinaPM
    ChristinaPM
    Community Member

Thanks for offering to connect. My boss definitely has a different account and I'm fairly certain that the private vault is the correct one I'm referencing.

I'll look forward to getting in direct contact so we can figure out what's going on. Support ID: [#VIY-83859-841]

• Thanks @ChristinaPM. I see the business team has jumped on this for you via email. If there is anything else we can do on this end please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.