Bug Report: Incorrectly changed my user name

I have three different logins on the same banking website. 1Password does a good job juggling all three accounts. However, today I was changing passwords. After each change it prompted me to save the changes. When I said Yes, it incorrectly changed not only the password field, but also the User Name field. One was changed to True and another was changed to False. I immediately disconnected my phone from the internet and logged in to 1Password on my phone and was able to recover the old user names.
Three suggestions: 1. fix the bug
2. When prompting to save updated information, show what data will be changed, and provide an option to copy the password to the clipboard instead of updating the login.
3. Keep a history of user-name changes, just like you keep a history of password changes.

1Password Version: 1.18.0
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10 / Firefox 72.0.2
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:big changed user name

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PilgrimSoul!

1. fix the bug

Can you let us know what website this is, and what URL it happened on exactly so we can test it?

1. Keep a history of user-name changes, just like you keep a history of password changes.

If you have a 1Password Membership, this is exactly what Item History is for ;)

This discussion has been closed.