Difference in behaviour between Android and iOS latest versions

Options
rafacteixeira
rafacteixeira
Community Member

I would like to report a difference in behaviour between Android App Version 7.4 and iOS App Version 7.4.5
In the APP My Weight: Advanced Configs, Sync accounts

Android offers to fill a password and iOS doesn't

thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.5
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rafacteixeira! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please post a link to the iOS app, so we can test the behavior in the right app here too? Thank you!

• rafacteixeira
    rafacteixeira
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana
    Here's the app link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/monitor-your-weight/id413313086

Thank you =)

• rafacteixeira
    rafacteixeira
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana forgot to mention you so to make sure you're being notified, I'm posting again with the mention. Sorry if I'm being repetitive.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @rafacteixeira. I downloaded the app but unfortunately I was unable to test the feature you mentioned because it requires a purchase.

But, some info that may help: The iOS autofill feature compares the app's Associated Domain to the website field you have saved on your Login items. Only items that match can be filled. So, for example, if this app has its Associated Domain set to "monitoryourweight.com" then that is what has to be filled into the website field on the Login item you want to fill.

I don't have a way of telling what the app's Associated Domain is without being able to access the login screen, but if you are able to do so, attempting to save a new Login item from their login screen should tell you. At the top of the Create New Login screen within autofill should be the Associated Domain.

Ben

• rafacteixeira
    rafacteixeira
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply @Ben
    Sorry for not informing this to you. But thanks for trying anyway;

I tried but My password doesn't even prompt me to save a login

Here's a screen recording; hope it helps.
    If you need anything else, please let me know;

https://youtu.be/T_T3m5Th3kg

Thanks for your time;

• Ben
    Options

@rafacteixeira

It appears this app hasn't been updated for compatibility with iOS 12's Password AutoFill features. That is something the app's developer would need to address. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• rafacteixeira
    rafacteixeira
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben
    oh i see.
    And in Android this is not required, I imagine.
    Sorry about the doubts. I'm in the transition to this new iPhone after a long time using Android.

• Ben
    Options

Correct; Android uses a totally different filling mechanism.

Sorry about the doubts.

No worries. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.