Version 7.4.2 (70402005) breaks Unlock after Sleep/Lock, Folder Sync, and Cloud Sync

ts2020
ts2020
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

I have 3 macOS computers, all running macOS 10.15.3. Two macbooks upgraded to 1password (Mac App Store) 7.4.2 (70402005) and since have these issues:

Not able to Unlock:

• (Correct) Master Password not accepted after Lock
  • (Correct) Master Password not accepted after mac wakeup from Sleep (Auto-Lock due to Sleep)
  • (Correct) Fingerprint Not accepted after Lock
  • (Correct Fingerprint Not accepted after mac wakeup from Sleep (Auto-Lock due to Sleep)
    Workaround: Quit 1Password completely (Menu Item option)

Folder Sync:

• Changes to local vaults (I have 1Password for Teams + Local Vaults) are not synced to folders. "Syncing..." displayed indefinitely.
    No known workaround

Cloud Sync:

• Changes done in 1password for mac are not synced with 1password.eu Cloud in both directions (1password app -> Cloud and Cloud -> 1password app) - However, 1password app authenticates against the Cloud because I see the Duo Two Factor Authentication Popup.
    No known workaround

All these issues do not exist in 7.4.1 (on the third Mac) which I did not yet upgrade to 7.4.2

Macbook already rebooted.

Can you please check what happen with 7.4.2?

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1password.eu

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2020

Hi @ts2020

I'm very sorry for the difficulty. I'm speaking with our development team about this issue. The next time this happens, where 1Password will not unlock as expected, please note the time and then send us a diagnostic report (before working around the issue). I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111328/version-7-4-2-70402005-breaks-unlock-after-sleep-lock-folder-sync-and-cloud-sync
    • Your forum username
    • The time you noted when the issue occured

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• ts2020
    ts2020
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi Ben, thanks for your help. In the meantime I removed the 1Password App that was installed from mac App Store and installed the download .pkg file from the website. All problems resolved. Installed Version: 7.4.2 (70402004). The problematic version from App Store was 7.4.2 (70402005).
    Just FYI as this was mentioned in other threads by others, I as well have the 2019 macbook pro 16". Maybe this is relevant.

• Tyler Duzan
    Tyler Duzan
    Community Member

@ts2020: This issue you are experiencing (at least the first one) maps directly to the issue I am having as well in my thread as #1 as well: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111376/weird-behavior-with-7-4-2-from-app-store-interactions-with-ios-7-4-5

I appreciate that you provided such a thorough bug report, as this may help to connect the dots. I did not notate in my thread that my 7.4.2 is /also/ installed from Mac App Store. Sounds like there may be something broke in the App Store release which is not broken in the direct download release.

• Hi folks,

We're drawing the same conclusions but haven't yet been able to track down what exactly it is about the build from the Mac App Store that is problematic. We haven't been able to reproduce the issue in-house, yet. We're hopeful some folks that are currently experiencing the issue will send us the information requested above which should give us some insight into what is going on 'under the hood.' Thanks!

Ben

• jonathanbloom
    jonathanbloom
    Community Member

Having same issue. Ticket ID: [#DNZ-11892-449]

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2020

@jonathanbloom

7.4.3 has been released, can you update and see if the issue is still present? I was able to locate your ticket, we will review it and get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: #DNZ-11892-449

• jonathanbloom
    jonathanbloom
    Community Member

@ag_tommy I forgot to attach the diagnostics log, I'll reply to the ticket with that. I am on 7.4.3.

• @jonathanbloom

Thanks for the update. I notated that on the first email.

• jonathanbloom
    jonathanbloom
    Community Member

@ag_tommy sending you the diagnostic report now.

• @jonathan

The report has arrived, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

• jonathanbloom
    jonathanbloom
    Community Member

@ag_tommy on 7.4.4 and it seems to have fixed the issue. Haven't had to close it today.

• Thanks for the update @jonathanbloom. That's good news. :)

Ben

• PeterEmil
    PeterEmil
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi Ben, I just updated yesterday to 7.4.3 and now unlock doesn't work anymore on Safari or Chrome. It just won't activate in the browser, or in the menubar when one of the browsers are in front. On FireFox the icon keeps blinking between active and non-active. Can you show me how to note a diagnostic report?

As a sidenote: 1Password lost the backup reference with Dropbox and I needed to select it again - first time the modal wouldn't allow me choosing a file - it simply didn't show. After reboot it showed and the sync is again referencing the correct file.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous - working - version?

• @PeterEmil,

I'm sorry for the continued trouble. I wouldn't suspect reverting to an earlier version would resolve that particular problem. Please try this:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

If you're still having trouble then please see these instructions for sending a diagnostic report.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.