Keyboard end of life

2»

Comments

• dhca89
    dhca89
    Community Member

Just catching up. I had to use the keyboard today on SAP Concur when manually logging in (and saw the notification of it's EOL). If I used the autofill, it was break the process and go to a blank screen. I then attempted to use the keyboard and it of course worked with the fill options.

As suggested, I also attempted to use the new process of drag and drop. Dragging the user name would have the same effect autofill would have and break the process and go to a blank screen (this also happened when dragging the password). I had to resort to copying/pasting while in split screen mode to get logged in. I think that mechanism was exactly what you were trying to avoid.

As others have stated, the keyboard (more specifically, the keyboard's fill options) have been incredibly useful to me as an android user. I'll continue to try and use the split screen/drag&drop function but on first attempt, it failed to work (probably an issue with SAP Concur's app).

Thanks for all that you do.

• Thanks for the feedback, @dhca89. I'll share this with our team.

Also, for everyone in this thread, we do intend to remove the keyboard in the future. However, it's not going anywhere just yet, as we want to improve Autofill and Accessibility before it gets removed.

• @SomeFancyName I'm able to fill into both Bolt and Freenow, so it sounds like Accessibility may be turned off on your device. Please launch 1Password, tap Settings > Autofill, and turn both Autofill and Accessibility off and back on.

As to the keyboard, please see my comment right above yours.

• I understand. For the record, the keyboard isn't being removed right now. We're working on improving the overall filling experience before we pull the keyboard.

• nikoproxy
    nikoproxy
    Community Member

Another 1password keyboard user here. Wanted to say that still if I can copy-paste my password between app and browser, sometimes the long press tap, to show paste option, doesn't work (don't know if it's due to browser or it's a security setting of the site).
    If you don't want to keep the whole keyboard, it would be nice to ask keyboard developers to implement a function-key to switch into a password managers section. It's a team effort but I think it's the most reasonable

• Thanks for your feedback, @nikoproxy. I'll share this with our development team. For now, try drag and drop when copy and paste isn't working.

• m_c
    m_c
    Community Member

I just set up my new Galaxy S10, running Android 10. There were still a staggeringly high amount of apps, where autofill and accesibility did not work. When autofill was not offered, I always checked the context menu to trigger it. I never tried drag-and-drop, as the keyboard was always the quicker method.

I didn't take note from the beginning, so just a few examples:
    PayPal (it allows for autofill, but somehow the login details is not pasted in the form fields, keyboard works)
    Expedia (autofill not supported, keyboard works)
    Last.fm (autofill not supported, keyboard works)
    Barclaycard Deutschland (autofill only works for password, not username)
    BBVA Spain (autofill not supported, keyboard works)

Autofill/accessibility worked fine on a lot of other apps, especially with the auto-copy of the OTP - so kudos for the progress!

• @m_c. Thanks for the kind words and for reaching out regarding filling in these apps. I've installed and tested these.
    Expedia - I've confirmed that filling doesn't work with Autofill or Accessibility.
    Last.fm - I'm able to fill my password with Autofill, and both fields with Accessibility.
    Barclaycard Deutschland - Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be available in the US, so I can't install and test it, but I'll report it to our team.
    BBVA Spain - I can confirm that neither Autofill nor Accessibility work here.

I've reported these findings to our development team. Let us know if you need anything else. ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#172

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

From my point of view I see you have invested really much time to improve autofill and accessibility mode. That' great! In the last weeks I have not used 1P keyboard anymore.
    Only one idea I have: Sometimes you do not see the pop-up (I do not know why), but instead (when you click long on an input field) you see an icon with copy, paste and so on. Here you have sometimes the entry "AutoFill" too. Sometimes you will see it only when you click the arrow for more details before. I know this and I have a look on it, but I think average consumers will not realize/understand this function at the beginning. Maybe you could highlight it like "1Password AutoFill" or make any other notice somewhere for it? So average consumers could make a contact or maybe you have any other idea?

• Thanks for your feedback, @Philipp. This is certainly something to think about, and I'll share your idea with our development team.

• m_c
    m_c
    Community Member

Just noticed another app, where neither Autofill nor Accessibility work: Mein o2 ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details/?id=canvasm.myo2 ) Tested on a Samsung Galaxy S10 with Android 10.

Still, I'm using the keyboard less and less. And with Autofill being improved on Android 11, maybe one day even I will not mind the keyboard going away ;)

• Hey @m_c, thank you for reporting this filling issue! It looks like I'm unable to test this on my own device since it's not available in my Google Play store. Could you turning on only Autofill and then only Accessibility to see if either works alone?

• m_c
    m_c
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply, @ag_audrey ! Tried both options, and neither worked alone. The current version of the app is also sadly not available on APKMirror or another reputable site, so testing this further is probably difficult...

• Hey @m_c, thanks for doing those tests for me! I've gone ahead and reported this to our developers.

If you see any other sites or apps with filling issues, please let us know.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#955

This discussion has been closed.