How can I restore data from old Macbook's 1Password6 in dropbox to new Macbook's 1Password7?

Options
etoro0316
etoro0316
Community Member

As I wrote in title, I would like to restore 1Password6's data to 1Password7 in my new Macbook using dropbox.
When I tried to import opvault file in dropbox it is grey out and I can't chose it.

How can I import 1Password6's backup data in dropbox to new device's 1Password7?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.14.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How can I restore data from old Macbook's 1Password6 in dropbox to new Macbook's 1Password7?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @etoro0316! Welcome to the forum! :)

Can you share with us the steps that you are following, so we can test them here too?

• etoro0316
    etoro0316
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thank you @ag_ana :)

Here is what I done.

Please note that my 1Password6's 1Password account is frozen. So the account in 1Password6 and 1Password7 is different.

First I had 1Password6 to having sync to Dropbox.
    I see in Preferences > Sync showing "Sync Primary vault with Dropbox".
    Also, below that showing "MyUsername > Dropbox > Apps > 1Password > 1Password.opvault"

Going to 1Password7 in my new Macbook.
    Goto File > Import then, select "1Passrod 6" in "Where is your data coming from?" section.
    As import info I chose my 1Password account and after clicking "Choose File..." I have select "Dropbox" in Favorites.
    Then, go "Apps > 1Password" and see "1Password.opvault", but can not select it since it is in grey.

So now... I'm stuck..

What can I do from here??

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@etoro0316:

Thank you for sharing the steps with us! They were very helpful. This is happening because you chose the Import option, which requires a 1Password database file to work. Instead, you are trying to point the importer to a Dropbox opvault: in the import menu, after you select the 1Password 6 option, please select your 1Password folder on your hard drive:

• Mac App Store - ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    • AgileBits direct - ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

You should be able to import your database now :)

• etoro0316
    etoro0316
    Community Member
    Options

It took sometime, but finally I was able to copy everything to new laptop.

Thank you ag_ana :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @etoro0316! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.