Turning off Two Factor Authorization Available Message

Options
rickapel
rickapel
Community Member

I get the prompt that 2 level authentication was available for a particular website.

I then proceeded to click on the link provided by 1password and set up the level
2 auth in Google Authenticator.

After I set up the 2 level auth I keep getting the message in 1password that the
2 level auth is available.

Do I have to perform an action to indicate that I set up the 2 level auth on 1password
to keep the message from popping up?

Thanks in Advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rickapel!

1Password can only know if you have 2FA enabled for an account when 1Password itself is used as an authenticator. Since in your case you used Google Authenticator instead, 1Password has no way to know that you have enabled 2FA for this account.

In cases like this, please add the 2fa tag to this 1Password item to suppress the message ;)

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    Options

Easy Peasy! The more I use 1 password the more I like it. Your support has also been great!

• rickapel
    rickapel
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana,

I have a quick followup question to your solution.

I turned off the 2FA notification message using the 2FA tag on the one login account and it works per your suggestion above.

I then decided to try 1password as a 2FA authenticator.
    It works very well on Reddit.
    When I enter Reddit in the search box of 1Password, I noticed that it immediately goes into 2FA generation mode
    (per my observation of the colored Green/Red timing circle next to the currently generated code).

I'm hoping that is ONLY occurring while that entry is highlighted and not wasting CPU cycles in the background.

Is my assumption correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rickapel:

You are welcome! And your assumption is correct :)

This discussion has been closed.