Remove access to a vault from one computer (1p v6)

Options
Tom Harrison
Tom Harrison
Community Member

I set up a new vault on my computer for my wife (she typed in her vault password). It's shared through dropbox. I would like to remove my access to her vault now. I have gone into Preferences > All Vaults and unchecked her new vault in the Vaults Included listbox. But it still shows up at the top of the left nav on my computer. How can I remove access to this vault?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tom Harrison!

Please select this shared vault from your vault list, click on the three dots that show up when you hover over this vault, and select Delete Vault... from the menu that appears.

• Tom Harrison
    Tom Harrison
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana -- I don't seem to have the same options on Version 6 of 1P. I do see an option in the Mac menu under 1Password to "Delete Vault..." -- clicking this raises a confirmation dialog with the message "All information in this vault will be destroyed." But I don't want to delete the vault, I want to remove access to it from my computer. That is, I want my wife to have access to her vault from her computer, and I'll have access to mine from my computer.

Thanks for you help on this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tom Harrison:

Ah you are right, you are using 1Password 6. In that case, your procedure is the correct one :)

Deleting the vault only removes the vault from your computer, it will remain in Dropbox :)

• Tom Harrison
    Tom Harrison
    Community Member
    Options

Right you are. Not that I didn't trust you, but I tested and lo and behold, you're right! OK, so I didn't trust you. But now I do.

Haha!! Thanks :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tom Harrison:

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.