Extension opens in small window following reboot

HenryAZ
HenryAZ
Community Member

For several versions now (I forget when this behavior started), the 1PW extension, invoked from either a browser or from the menu bar, opens in a very small window following a reboot. I then have to drag it down and widen it to my preferred size. In the past, it used to "remember" my preferred size and use it after a reboot. The small window it opens now is not very useful at all. Is this a new "feature", or a bug?

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: 7.4.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HenryAZ!

Does this only happen after a reboot? If you just close the 1Password app for example, or put your computer to sleep, is the window size remembered in both those cases?

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member

My 1PW app is almost always closed. I use the helper and extension, unless I need to edit an entry or add a new one. So, yes, the window size is remembered if the app is closed and re-opened. I never sleep my computer. It only happens after a reboot.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HenryAZ:

My 1PW app is almost always closed.

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Is the window size remembered?

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member

Sorry for the late reply. For some reason I did not receive a notification of your latest message.

I just did this, exactly the way you said. When I reopen 1PW, its main window opens prompting for my master password, and the main window always remembers its size and position. However, clicking on the helper after the "complete quit" reverts to a tiny window only a few lines long. So, it appears it is not just a reboot that provokes this behavior, but quitting 1PW completely is the culprit.

The only other times I quit the menu bar helper is when applying an update, and the update process prompts me to "quit all" before it can proceed, which is why I had not discovered this "quitting 1PW completely" behavior before. I typically reboot after an update, because the browser helper usually does not work until after a reboot.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HenryAZ:

Thank you for the confirmation. So even when this happens, the main 1Password window remembers the position correctly, I see. Can you post a screenshot of 1Password mini when this happens, to show the difference?

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Note, I am still NOT receiving email notifications, or I would have responded to you earlier. My profile preferences are set correctly (I think) to receive an email when there is a response to my thread(s). And no, it is not in any SPAM folder.

Could you please look into the "no notifications" issue also?

Screen shot of the little window that opens after a reboot, or after quitting 1PW completely:

And this is my preferred sizing of the drop-down window, and until sometime recently, 1PW remembered this size through reboots. I forget exactly which version upgrade caused the small window to start appearing.

It has become and extra chore to perform after a reboot (I don't reboot that often, but still, it is an annoyance to have to resize the window every time).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HenryAZ:

I will let our developers know about this, thank you again for the report.

I am also not aware of issues with email notifications, but I made a note of your experience and I will keep an eye out for similar reports.

• HenryAZ
    HenryAZ
    Community Member

Thanks, and I did receive a notification for your most recent post.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @HenryAZ! Thank you for letting us know. We can strike one item off the list :)

This discussion has been closed.