I can't downgrade to 1Password 7.3

Martijnn
Martijnn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I was curious about 1Password 7.4 BETA and wanted to try it out. But now I would like to use 7.3.712 again on my HP laptop.
For some reason I can't go back to an older version of 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.4.741-BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1909
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @Martijnn,

Thanks for writing in. That's intentional, 1Password 7.4 has a newer database structure that 1Password 7.3 cannot understand; that's why 1Password 7.3 blocks you.

If you want to switch back to 1Password 7.3, you'll have to reset your 1Password database and sign in again/reopen your existing standalone vaults.

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Okay thanks for the info @MikeT .

I've found a solution for this. I have reset 1Password and then deleted the 1Password folder in AppData.

• Hi @Martijnn,

Please don't delete the 1Password folder, never do that since it contains your 1Password backups. If it is still in your recycle bin, you'd want to restore the backups folder.

We also have a built-in reset tool in 1Password, it's available via the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data. That does mean you install 1Password 7.4 first, run that reset, and then downgrade to 1Password 7.3 when you see the welcome tour. Reset backs up your entire database and backup folder separately.

• Martijnn
    Martijnn
    Community Member

@MikeT

I did that first but was stopped by the error message that 7.3 gives after the installation.

• Right, you'd have to upgrade to 7.4 again before downgrade.

This discussion has been closed.