In Safari on Catalina, nothing happens when I click on the 1Password button.

Jerry_K
Jerry_K
Community Member

I have been trying to migrate to 1Password for about a week. I now have it working great on an iMac running Mojave. Today I started trying to get it working on Catalina. Everything seems to be working fine except the Safari Extension. I have the 7.4.4 extension installed in Safari. I can log into the app OK, but when I click on the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar nothing happens. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Jerry Kilpatrick

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 7.4.4
OS Version: mac OS 10.15.3
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:In Safari on Catalina, nothing happens when I click on the 1Password button.

Comments

• Hi @Jerry_K

It sounds like you may have installed 1Password from the Mac App Store. It appears there may be some difficulties for some customers using Safari when installing this version. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• Jerry_K
    Jerry_K
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks for your excellent advice. That fixed the problem. When I originally installed 1Password this morning, I downloaded the app itself from your website. But when I went to install the extension, I downloaded that part from the App store. So, I am off and running thanks to you insightful help.

Jerry

• Thanks for the update @Jerry_K. Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.