Cannot log into 1Password-X beta in Firefox when second account has two-factor

My personal account does not have two-factor turned on yet, but my second (work) 1Password account does. Normally 1Password does a 2FA auth every so often on that one.

I installed the current beta of 1PasswordX in Firefox, and when I click the icon I get the request for my master password (and it shows my company logo below the login). When I try to log-in, it says I need to do a 2FA and just fails; no 2FA request appears.

If I got directly to my company's page, and log in there, and do the 2FA, THEN I can log into 1PasswordX.

This flow (if intentional) should be make clearer.

1Password Version: 7.4.4.BETA-0 (70404000)
Extension Version: 1.18.6
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two factor

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blairmacintyre!

When I try to log-in, it says I need to do a 2FA and just fails; no 2FA request appears.

Can you please elaborate on the "just fails" part a little bit? What happens exactly when you get to that point?

• blairmacintyre
    blairmacintyre
    Community Member

I enter my master password, and I get a little message saying I need to do 2FA for the company account, and the unlock of 1Password fails. I can't remember exactly what it looks like (I think the login box turns red like when you mistype the password, and I think the company logo changed slightly), and of course, now that I've done a 2FA, it no longer asks ...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@blairmacintyre – Thanks for the clear explanation. I know the exact screen you're referring to when being asked to supply 2FA. I am curious if a 1Password web app tab opened when the message appeared in 1Password X. Do you recall if that happened or not? That's what I would have expected, but I agree that it's not as clear as it could be. We're still working on improving the process, and I really appreciate your feedback on it.

• blairmacintyre
    blairmacintyre
    Community Member

Another screen did not open; but, I probably have Firefox set to disallow popups, and I may not have noticed the message. Perhaps adding something that says "You need to go the 1Password account website and log in to provide your 2FA; if the window didn't open, click here" ... the kind of thing you see when things are supposed to redirect or download.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@blairmacintyre – For sure. I think that's a fair request. If you do notice it happen again, try to snag a screenshot for me so I can pass it along to the rest of my team. We'll continue brainstorming on our end as well. :)

• blairmacintyre
    blairmacintyre
    Community Member

Great!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.