1Password Mini Not Opening

drrich711
drrich711
Community Member

One password mini is not opening. Instead, I get a drop down menu a copy of which I have attached. When I open the main app it works fine, and it is working fine in iOS. And yes, I do have the option to keep it open all the time in the browsers preference section.

I would appreciate your help.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drrich711!

That typically happens when Chrome is in the middle of an update. Can you please close Chrome completely with Cmd+Q and relaunch it?

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

Thanks. Did not solve problem. Closed it, reopened and still have same menu in upper right corner.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@drrich711:

Can you now please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

Seems to work now. Thank you!

• On behalf of ag_ana you're welcome. Let us know if you need assistance, we are here to help.

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

Wise People:

I need your help in relation to the above issue.

Mini will not open many times, either with the same situation as above, with a dropdown about Chrome extensions, but the solution given by ag_ana works, but the problem keeps repeating. Is it related to Chrome? Should I use another browser? Appreciate your help.

Second issue, and I would just like to know where to look to educate myself is not having a real understanding of how mini is SUPPOSED to work. For example, do you need to have chrome open before you click fill or go? There are also MANY sites in which mini will not fill in anything, and I have to cut and paste user ID and password manually.

I love the program when it works, but these 2 issues are very bothersome. Thank you for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@drrich711:

Is it related to Chrome?

Do you notice this every time Chrome had an update?

For example, do you need to have chrome open before you click fill or go?

This is not necessary: 1Password can also open your browser for you in case it's closed. It will be quicker if you have the browser open however, so you don't have to wait for 1Password to launch it for you.

There are also MANY sites in which mini will not fill in anything, and I have to cut and paste user ID and password manually.

Please feel free to open discussions for each of these sites in the Browsers section of the forum, including the full URL where this is happening, and we will be happy to test these websites for you.

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

Thank you. How can I be notified when Chrome updates, or can I update manually?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@drrich711:

Chrome will notify you with an upgrade icon in the top-right corner of its window when an update is available. Or you can update Chrome manually by clicking on Chrome in the menu bar and selecting About Google Chrome. The window that appears will tell you if there is an update available.

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

That said, I am not sure if my issue is a Chrome issue, as I do not remember receiving update notifications. Mini just stops working, and as per your previous advice I go through the procedure of shutting down chrome and 1P and things then work again. Could it be something else?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@drrich711:

It might be, although it would be difficult to say without looking at the logs. If you want, the next time this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

When you send the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

Thanks. And thanks for directing me to the “browsers” forum. I’ll post some of those annoying non-fillers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.