Upgrade issues to the latest version

My office purchased the latest stand alone version of 1 password and I am having issues. I would like to talk with a real person on the phone to help resolve my issues.

1Password Version: 1Password version 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Local hard drive
Referrer: forum-search:My office purchased 1 Password stand alone version and I am trying to upgrade & I am having problems

Comments

• @squadsman14

We do not offer phone support being such a small company. We often can offer more timely responses by the use of this public forum, or via email. Would you like to describe the issue? We can try to assist you with that?

• squadsman14
    squadsman14
    Community Member

Tommy, I currently have 1 Password version 4.6.2.626 installed and what to upgrade to 1Password version 7.3.712 in a stand alone (local install) option. Since my office is a U.S. Federal Government agency we do not want to install the cloud version of 1Password version 7.3.712 or have our password vault/wallet stored in the cloud. How do I do that? I tried to follow the install instructions and I am apparently doing something wrong. I also tried to import my password vault/wallet from version 4.6.2.626 but I could not get that to work either. I need some explicit instructions for my self and the other users who also need to upgrade from version 4.6.2.626. I also need instructions for fresh install for new users who have never had 1 Password installed and will be first time users.

Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @squadsman14,

It sounds like you want to purchase standalone licenses for 1Password 7 for Windows in bulk. Let's move our conversation to email, I sent you a follow-up email just now. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: DEI-15523-996

• squadsman14
    squadsman14
    Community Member

No. Many years ago we purchased 5 stand alone licenses of 1Password 4. In 2019 we purchased 50 stand alone licenses of 1Password 7. I currently have 1Password 4 installed on my computer and am trying to upgrade it to version 7 and am having issues and need help. I tried to follow the instructions I found on line but that was not working. The first issue I have is when the app shows it has been installed and shows up in my start menu I can’t find it anywhere on my hard drive. If I continue with trying to import my password vault/wallet from version 4 it doesn’t import so I need instructions for that. Again I tried to follow what I found online for instructions and that didn’t work.

• Could you provide some more detail about what you've tried that didn't work, @squadsman14? I could easily read your description of what you've already done as you having already tried exactly what I'd suggest, but it's not totally clear to me what steps you've taken, where things don't go as expected, and what actually happens. In order to ensure I'm not just telling you to repeat what you've already done or otherwise overlooking a possible issue, I'd appreciate having a detailed description of what you've tried and what's gone wrong so I can make a more reasoned analysis about the best next steps. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.