Secure Notes in 1Password Mini

Options

I'm probably confusing macOS and Windows, but I thought at one point you could view Secure Notes in 1Password mini for Windows, or at least copy fields from a secure note.

If this is not currently possible, I would like to request the ability making it more similar to 1Password mini on macOS.

Cheers,
Josh

1Password Version: 7.4.741
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 Ent 1809 LTSC
Sync Type: 1Password.com Account

Comments

• Might you be thinking of 1Password X, @jcsully217? Mini on Windows has never allowed this, but 1Password X does allow you to view and copy from Secure Notes right in the extension. You can learn more about 1Password X here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

It does, in my opinion, better mirror Mac's mini so if you're a fan of mini on Mac, it may be a better fit for you. We definitely do feel that mini on Windows is due for an overhaul and much of that is likely to involve unifying things between Mac and Windows, but that's a fairly sizable project and thus not something I'd expect completed any time soon.

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @bundtkate I thought that might be the case, but couldn't remember.

I have only one issue with 1Password X on Windows: it isn't aware of 1Password for Windows. Somewhere on this forum, a 1P employee told me that it won't be added until that feature is available for macOS in a stable release. Hopefully in 2020!

Until then, I'll stick with 1Password for Windows.

Thanks again!

• Yea, that timeline remains a bit fuzzy, @jcsully217, apologies. It's one of those things we've really wanted to happen for some time, but it's proven a bit larger of a project than we thought, so we've been taking our time polishing it and working out the kinks. I much prefer 1Password X myself, so I'll be as happy as anyone to see desktop app integration on Windows whenever it comes. I'm right there with you with my fingers crossed! :chuffed: 🤞

This discussion has been closed.