Chrome: This browser is not supported

A new chromebrowser Version 80.0.3987.106 (Officiel version) (64-bit) declares "This browser is not supported"
The extension is visible but won't open.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @knuram! Welcome to the forum!

The extension is visible but won't open.

What version of the 1Password browser extension is this happening with?

• knuram
    knuram
    Community Member

Downloaded Yesterday v. 1.18.0

• Hi @knuram

That's odd. I'm running Chrome Version 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) with 1Password X v1.18.0 without any difficulty. Have you tried restarting your Mac since this error appeared?

Ben

• knuram
    knuram
    Community Member

I have restarted twice!

• @knuram

I've moved this over to our 1Password X category as that is the extension that you're having trouble with. Would you be able to post a screenshot of the error message you're getting, please?

▷ How to take a screenshot

Ben

• knuram
    knuram
    Community Member

• @knuram

What other extensions do you have installed in Chrome? If you turn them all off except for 1Password X then does 1Password X work?

Ben

• knuram
    knuram
    Community Member

I have used too many hours on this platform. I just want to quit. How do I do that?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@knuram – I'm curious if you've got Google Tag Assistant installed as an extension? We've actually seen this happen in the past when that extension was activated, and we're still investigating how to get around it. First off, let me know if you happen to have Google Tag Assistant and try accessing the same page with that extension disabled if so.

Let me know how it goes!

• SteveSeegs
    SteveSeegs
    Community Member

I have the same problem as the user who reported this. Rebooted my MAC, removed all chrome extensions but 1Password X (yes, version v1.18.0), updated today to the latest version of Chrome, etc ... with the same results -- "This Browser Is Not Supported"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SteveSeegs:

Do you happen to have Google Tag Assistant installed as an extension as well?

• SteveSeegs
    SteveSeegs
    Community Member

Hi there .. no I don't, the only extension I have is 1Password X

• SteveSeegs
    SteveSeegs
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Hi there .. no I don't have Google Tag Assistant installed, the only extension I have is 1Password X

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SteveSeegs:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please collect some logs and email them to us at support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• SteveSeegs
    SteveSeegs
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Thank you very much. I just emailed the console log file as requested. The support ticket is [#XTP-56644-217].
    I appreciate hearing back with any further information.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SteveSeegs:

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your email and the logs. Someone will get back to your message as soon as possible :)

ref: XTP-56644-217

• MikeMinh
    MikeMinh
    Community Member

I don't have any problems to open 1P within Chrome 80.0.3987.116 or 80.0.3987.122.
    However, my 1P extension version is 4.7.5.90 which sounds very different from the version other users have reported here.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MikeMinh! That's because the forum category we're in is the 1Password X category. 1Password X is a different extension we offer, which is currently on version 1.18.0. You can learn more about 1Password X here.

• MikeMinh
    MikeMinh
    Community Member

Thanks for clarifying that 1Password X is a different software than 1 Password. May I suggest to rethink this name, as the X would usually be read as a roman numeral meaning version 10. Maybe "Password Fred" is better? Slightly more serious, I wonder what the thinking was behind naming it "X" ? I did read the page you linked, I'm still nonethewiser and am not sure what the difference really is. It seems to do exactly what I already do with my non-X version. Do we need Fred?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@MikeMinh – Thanks for the feedback. I didn't partake in the naming myself, but our founder wrote a blog post a few years back that should help answer some of your questions. You're welcome to check it out here. 1Password X is a 1Password extension made for filling and saving within your browser. The user interface and user experience differs from the companion extension, but the end goal is the same (filling and saving in your browser).

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.