Cannot Sync After Upgrade to 1Password 7 on Mac

data_cat
data_cat
Community Member

I sync through Dropbox. I have been syncing through Dropbox since I started using the app forever ago. Now I have both 1Password 6 and 7 on my Mac. I did what it told me to do in terms of switching from agile vault or whatever to opvault. Now my ios app is out of sync and it's asking me to merge two vaults that are 12 days apart (2/27/20 to 2/15/20; neither of which is today, I would note), but have a count difference of 221. It doesn't tell me what the actual differences are. I just want this to work. I recently got all of my parents on this app because I swore it was easy to use. If I have as much trouble fixing this for them as I have had today, I will absolutely switch to another password manager for them and me.

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: No clue
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @data_cat!

Now my ios app is out of sync

Is your iOS app still using the old .agilekeychain vault, or is it pointing to the new .opvault you created after the conversion?

• data_cat
    data_cat
    Community Member

I don’t think it’s syncing, but I don’t know why that is or when it stopped. I’ve attached some screenshots from iOS. I have 3 vaults, 2 of which show as being on DropBox and 1 of which (primary, which is the only one updated this weekend) shows as being on my iPhone. When I click on Primary, the next screen says Start Syncing and that there are 424 items. I click Start Syncing, then Sync with DropBox. I select my DropBox account and get the screen pictured with the two file choices. The agile vault was last synced in 2014, so that’s clearly wrong. The opvault is different than it was yesterday. When I select that one, I get a message that there is a discrepancy, but then it says it’s 100% similar (pictured) and Merge These Vaults Anyway at the bottom. I’m afraid to merge them because I have no idea what the discrepancy is.

• data_cat
    data_cat
    Community Member

[#AHS-61817-649]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@data_cat:

Thank you for sharing the ticket number with us! Since you have emailed us in addition to this forum discussion, in order to not duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: AHS-61817-649

This discussion has been closed.