How do I make MACU.com work with their new search window on main page?

This is making me CRAZY!

When i go to MACU.com, and use the chrome extension to enter my credentials (the 1X - Password Manager extension up in the toolbar), it will paste my username and password into the correct fields (Login ID and Password).

However, since they put a new search field on the main page, it also drops me OUT of the Password field, and leaves me active on the "Or Start typing here" field.

Then when I hit "ENTER" on the keyboard, instead of submitting my credentials, it does a search of a blank field, and does not log me in.

I know, i COULD take my hands away, go up to the LOGIN BUTTON and press it, but that is not a natural move. I log in here several times during a day, and this is making me CRAZY!

I've tested the login using "Never " or "Always" submit, and there is no difference.

HELP????

1Password Version: X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:macu

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

Hi @JonJoslin! Welcome to the forum!

I have just tested this website here, and 1Password X did not switch to the search field after filling: the cursor remained in the password field for me.

What version of 1Password X are you using, and on which browser and browser version?

• JonJoslin
    JonJoslin
    Community Member

I’m on a pc, on 1Password X, using Chrome 80.0.3987.122 and extension version 1.18.0..

I open macu.com, click the extension button, and click Autofill..

It fills login ID, password, and sets the cursor in the search field. When I hit enter on the keyboard, it’s doing a blank search, not submitting the credentials.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JonJoslin:

You are running the same version of 1Password X and Chrome that I am, so this definitely should work for you too. If it doesn't, it means that there is something different in your 1Password Login item.

Can you try creating a new Login item for this website from scratch, with just username, password, and URL, and see if this new item behaves properly for you?

• JonJoslin
    JonJoslin
    Community Member

I’ll try that shortly. In your test did you use always submit or never submit? Neither of those changed the previous results for me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JonJoslin:

I did not touch that field, I only added a test username, a test password and the URL. I have left everything else untouched.

This discussion has been closed.