Why does my bank username and password both get saved in 1password as "bot"?

Options

It is saved both as "bot", and appears as "bot" when viewed, but when at the log-in page in Chrome, I pull out the Chrome extension to click to log-in, it fills correctly.
Maybe because of the short password ("bot"), it is tagged as vulnerable...

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why does my bank username and password both get saved in 1password as "bot"?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stepchoo! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please post a screenshot that shows how this item appears as "bot"?

• stepchoo
    stepchoo
    Community Member
    Options

This is as seen in the Chrome extension.

This is as seen in the Windows 10 App with the password revealed.

Despite this, it fills the fields on the site correctly.
    I am not able to right-click and copy out the username/password to be pasted elsewhere. If I copy either, "bot" is in the clipboard.
    The issue would be if I were to change the pin/password into something less memorable, it may be less convenient.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stepchoo:

If you click on the Show web form details button in your screenshot, do you see the correct username and password fields there?

• stepchoo
    stepchoo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.
    Yes, it does!
    It is labelled UID and PIN.
    I guess if I wanted to, I could copy it from the Win10 app, or the 1password website, or even the android app.
    Just not the Chrome extension.

While the PIN are concealed in the Win10 app and 1password website, it is not concealed in the android app when i click "show web form details". No big deal to me, but fyi.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @stepchoo
    Thanks for the additional info.

I've tested this website and saw that it does something screwy in its HTML code, not sure if it is intentional to prevent autofilling or not. In any way, I was able to edit the username and password fields and put it my actual credentials, which worked as it should, so feel free to do that as well.

This discussion has been closed.