Problem with FingerPrint Unlock

1passwordPhoenix
1passwordPhoenix
Community Member

Hi.
When I want to turn on fingerprint unlock feature, this error appears.
I am using the latest version of 1password, Android 9 and my device is Samsung Galaxy A70.
I tried this but I still have the problem: I deleted all fingerprints,then I restart the phone and again I added my fingerprints in settings but I still have the error.

Comments

• Hi @1passwordPhoenix, those were the right first steps to try, let's try fully resetting your security options as that's helped some others who have had similar problems. Here's what to do:

1. Delete all registered fingerprints from Settings.

2. Next remove any and all lock-screen security (pattern, PIN, or password).

3. Restart the device.

4. Set your lock-screen security settings back up.

5. Register your fingerprints again.

6. You should now be able to turn fingerprint unlock on again in 1Password and other apps.

Let me know how you get on :)

• 1passwordPhoenix
    1passwordPhoenix
    Community Member

Hey.
    I did exactly the steps but I still have that error.😥
    What should I do? isn't there any other way?

• Ok, in that case let's try resetting the 1Password app.

Before you do this, make sure that you've got your Secret Key handy, as you may need it to sign back in to your account.

To reset the app, delete and then reinstall it from Google Play. When you next open it you'll be greeted with the setup screen, select the 1Password.com option and enter/scan your account details.

Are you then able to turn on Fingerprint Unlock?

• 1passwordPhoenix
    1passwordPhoenix
    Community Member

Instead of deleting app, I cleared the data from setting and again I have the problem.
    I have a question, haven't you seen this before on the Galaxy A70? Because right after the last android update for my phone this problem appeared.

• @1passwordPhoenix It looks like you may have opened up an email thread as well. I've just replied to your email, please have a look!

• 1passwordPhoenix
    1passwordPhoenix
    Community Member

Yes, after reinstalling and again installing the app, the problem has gone, thank a lot for you support.

• That's great news!

• SLCee2019
    SLCee2019
    Community Member

I also use Samsung's A70 mobile and had similar FP issue. Worked great at first, but stopped after upgrade. At 1st I thought FP scan was flaky, so I redid scans. Not good. Tried combinations of changing fingerprints, deleting all fingrprts, removing app, re-installing app, and still FP would not work. I read that these scanners are too precise and cannot figure out that a cold finger, or a wet one, can be same as the 1 that was scanned. FPs change ever so slightly, by expanding and contracting, over course of each day.

So, I disabled FP scanner on phone and switched to ONLY facial recognition (to unlock phone, not 1Pswd). Works fine now with Masterpswd only.

IMO, FP scanners on front screen (not dedicated ones, like on back of Sony Phones) are NOT reliable and are in need of much improvement.

• @SLCee2019 1Password will use the biometric unlock method set for the device, though Face Unlock isn't supported on the A70 as far as I'm aware (as we require strong encryption and Google's biometric framework). If you were seeing any error messages related to Fingerprint Unlock, please let me know what error message, and I'll be happy to help troubleshoot!

This discussion has been closed.