Disable "Saved on" title when adding a new login?

DenalB
DenalB
Community Member
edited February 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm just trying a little bit with 1Password X in Firefox. When adding a new login into 1Password X, there a "Saved on" title is created for the password field.

When creating an entry manually or after importing data there isn't such a "Saved on" title.

The difference is also that there is no password strength indicator when adding an entry with 1Password X.

Is it possible to disable this behavior so that new entries come without a "Saved on" title and the fields "username" and "password" belong together?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.0 in Firefox 73.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

I tried with the companion extension and there isn't such a "Saved on" title when adding a new account.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB – The "saved on" portion you're referring to only appears in certain cases. I typically see this on registration pages when saving additional info like "name" and "address." It's not something I've seen happen with a password field. However, I'm not able to open http://xyz.de/ myself, so I haven't been able to view the HTML of the page.

At first glance, my guess is that the password field was in a separate form than the username field, which tricked 1Password into thinking the password was additional info like I mentioned above. I don't see the "saved on" portion regularly enough to notice it being out of line. If you're seeing it happen incorrectly each time you save a Login, let me know the website URLs and I'd be happy to take a closer look at the code.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@kaitlyn
    Could it be that this is a problem with the Firefox extension? I just tried in Vivaldi browser and added a new account to 1Password X. All ist fine... It was the same website I tried earlier in Firefox and got this "Saved on" title.

I will try again tomorrow in Firefox again...

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@kaitlyn
    I just tried adding new accounts with 1Password X in Firefox. And here you can see that these entries have this "Saved on" entry which isn't available on the same accounts when adding them with 1Password in Vivaldi.

May be you could reproduce this issue?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Sorry for replying again @kaitlyn , but when adding passwords like this and want to use such a login for autofill it doesn't work. The password is not recognized and is not autofilling with 1Password X.

As you can see autofill is only working for the username field. And no matter if I click onto the suggested password entry the password is not filled in the password field. So I have to copy & paste the password manually. :'(

After modifying the password entry in the vault in that way that there is a password entry now then it works and 1Password X fills all fields correctly.

For me it looks like a bug in the Firefox extension of 1Password X 1.18.0. Can you please check this?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB – Sorry if I wasn't clear before. Editing the item and moving the password to the correct spot should cause 1Password X to fill the item correctly. It seems that you've already figured that out, so I'm glad to hear it's filling for you now.

I just gave it a try using 1Password X in Firefox on gog.com, and I wasn't able to get the password to show up the same way you did. I tried saving an item from the registration form and both of sign in forms I could find. Would you mind giving me the exact website URL where that happened to you so I can test it out?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@kaitlyn

Editing the item and moving the password to the correct spot should cause 1Password X to fill the item correctly.

That works but could this be the solution?

and I wasn't able to get the password to show up the same way you did

Ok.

Would you mind giving me the exact website URL where that happened to you so I can test it out?

I just tried these 2 sites:
    https://www.gog.com/
    https://www.compiware-forum.de/

You don't need to register. Just open the site and try to sign in. Fill in a username and a password an click "Save in 1Password". Then you should get those "Saved on" entries. Now refresh the site and just try to autofill the login.

Hope this will help...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB – I'm beginning to think that the language difference is playing a part in this. I still wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my end. I've tried in Firefox on macOS and Windows with both the stable and beta version of 1Password X. Each one of the Logins I've created don't have the "Saved on" section and they fill exactly as I'd expect. Could you double check the 1Password X version you're using and let me know what is?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I'm beginning to think that the language difference is playing a part in this.

Hey @kaitlyn , I will try switching the language of 1PWX into English and try if it helps... I wonder why there is this problem because as I used 1Password some month ago there wasn't such a problem with the extension. But I have it on two different computers so it can't be a problem of my machine... I will try and come back to you soon. Thx! 8-)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@kaitlyn - Actually I'm not able to reproduce this on my home computer in Firefox and 1PWX. I tried some times but there is no "Saved on" entry. The issue appears on my work computer. The only difference could be that on my home computer I'm using Windows 10 1909 and on my work computer there is still Windows 10 1809 installed.

Also tried switching the language from German to English and back but that doesn't matter.

Very strange... Isn't it? :(

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB – Super strange! Can you check the version numbers of 1Password X on each computer you tested it out on? I wonder if they're the same.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@kaitlyn - Sorry for the short delay. On my work computer I tried v1.18.0 and v1.18.6.beta in Firefox Browser and with both versions I had this issue. On my private computer I tried v1.18.0 only in Firefox and here there is no problem.

Let's leave it as it is. I know that this is not a general problem of 1Password X and I can live with this issue on my work computer. ;)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, @DenalB. I'm glad to hear the issue hasn't been reproduced on your other computer. I wonder if a new Firefox profile would help on your work computer. I'm not sure if that'd be enough to solve the issue, but you're welcome to try it out and see if you're able to reproduce the issue in a fresh profile. For help creating a new profile in Firefox, check out their guide here.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks again @kaitlyn . I will try and come back to you. 👍

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB – You're very welcome! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.