Refusing helper connection because of untrusted publisher

Options
JEnd2E
JEnd2E
Community Member
edited March 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I'm creating this topic on behalf of a customer who uses 1Password. I recently installed his new Windows 10 PC.

After installing 1Password (desktop version), then trying to install the extension in either Edge Chromium or Google Chrome, a message pop's up in the action centre suggesting the connection is refused. The 1Password app goes grey for a second and gives a yellow ! warning in the top left corner. Neither browsers extension connect to the desktop app. For testing I installed 1PasswordX and it works fine, however the user prefers the desktop app and doesn't want to sign in to separate places, along with the added functionality of Face-Unlock.

The latest 1Password desktop app is being used, 7.3.712 along with the Chrome extension 4.7.5.90.

Looking at the log file created in appdata from 1Password, it gives information like the following:

E374322msThreadId(8)1Password::api:1802 │ 374322ms │ Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe", because of untrusted publisher Google LLC.

Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe", because of untrusted publisher Microsoft Corporation.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 Enterprise 18362
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• That actually sounds like the code signature check is failing to complete, @JEnd2E. Any chance 1Password doesn't have network access? I noticed you said your customer is using Windows 10 Enterprise and I know businesses are generally big fans of network controls. A lack of network access won't allow that check to complete and will result in a refused connection. The time to make that check is also far too long per the logs, which is what makes me think it's not getting through in the first place. If there's a chance of 1Password being blocked from making network requests in whole or in part, have your customer make sure 1Password is whitelisted in any network security tools and try again. Let me know if that helps. :+1:

• JEnd2E
    JEnd2E
    Community Member
    Options

I just re-installed the app again now and it's working, sorry :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JEnd2E,

Thank you for the update! We are glad to hear that it is working now. :+1:

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.