Is the Yubikey 5Ci still required for 1Password on iOS now that iOS 13.3 has been released?

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

The support article here https://support.1password.com/security-key/#set-up-your-security-key states that the Yubikey 5Ci is required if you want to use a Yubikey for your second factor.
Is this still the case with iOS 13.3?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Yes it is. :)

Ben

• dsoranno
    dsoranno
    Community Member

Will NFC security keys like Yubikey 5 NFC or Security Key NFC eventually be supported in iOS 1Password?

• @dsoranno,

That may be possible in the future but I couldn't make any specific commitments. I agree, it'd be nice.

Ben

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I just saw the article has been updated and the Yubikey 5 NFC is now supported as well. Yay

• dsoranno
    dsoranno
    Community Member

Ahh, nice! I see the iPhone app release notes from in February mention this new feature as well:

Feb 12, 2020
    Good day, friends! Today's update includes a really cool new capability for those of you with a YubiKey that supports near field communication: You can now use these keys with your 1Password.com account. We've also included a bunch of fixes and improvements based on your feedback, so thank you!

New

• 1Password now supports two-factor authentication using your YubiKey via Near Field Communication (NFC).

Thanks @Manaburner for posting this update, otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed. :)

• Manaburner, thanks for sharing. :chuffed:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

You're all very welcome, fellow 1Passworders (I hope that's a thing)

• I would say it is now, if it wasn't before. :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Awesome! Now all we need is the desk top apps to support this.

• 🤞🏻

Ben

This discussion has been closed.