5 minute "spam" filter is not a good incentive to report issues

Options
finwe
finwe
Community Member

Even after posting once (what does "posted 1 times in 120 seconds" even mean?), I get disabled for 5 minutes. It often takes a minute to properly report an issue, especially when using a beta version which has more issues than stable versions.

Please review the filter settings. Or maybe preapprove "verified" accounts.

Working like this the filter further diminishes my will to report anything. In 5 minutes, I might easily forget or just give up.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Are you going to make it better somehow?

Also, (OT): Closing Questions without getting to an actual closure of the topic, before giving the other side a chance to react, is quite frustrating for the other side.

• Ben
    Options

We don't have any immediate plans to adjust the spam filtering, however we do appreciate the perspective and will take it into consideration the next time we evaluate these settings.

Ben

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@finwe, on behalf of Ben, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You aren't wrong that the spam filter can and sometimes does discourage legitimate and useful conversation. But so would the spam that it blocks. As is often the case, we have to take all of these into account when tuning such measures and pick a balance as Ben said.

I'm sorry that you (and others) get hit has false positives, but as frustrating as that may be, I hope that you understand that we have to tolerate a certain number of false positives to have any useful spam filtering at all.

This discussion has been closed.