Login split across multiple pages

Options

Hello, I would like to ask you how can I save a login that is split between multiple pages. I'm currently having an issue with my bank https://ib.airbank.cz and they refuse to change anything (of course...). I know about this https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/ , but that doesn't apply to 1Password X (1.18), which I'm using.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Chrome, 1Password X 1.18
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grongor! Welcome to the forum!

What happens if you just create a login item in 1Password X with your username, your password, and your bank url? Even if the login form is split over two different pages, you should be able to fill your credentials on the page anyway by simply using 1Password X twice.

• grongor
    grongor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I tried removing the existing login and creating the new one, but I was not offered an option to save the login. And when I try creating it manually (via the plus button "New Item" in 1Password X), I'm just redirected to my.1password.com/vaults/... and creating the login there has no effect (it would be the same as I had stored before, just name, URL, username and password, nothink special).

• jiri
    jiri
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

+1 - I'm affected with this issue too. I noticed that some web sites have this problem too. Another example is Raiffeisen bank on https://sis.rsts.cz/ . (this isn't multipage form, but there's an issue with password filling too)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grongor! Thanks so much for sharing the URL with us. I tested it out, and this website is a bit tricky to work with. From what I can tell, it looks like it's asking you to enter your username then your date of birth. I'm unable to get past that point, but I'm curious if you're asked for a password on the next page.

Did you attempt to create a new Login the way Ana mentioned? She was referring to visiting https://my.1password.com and creating a brand new item that includes your username, password, and the website URL. After the item is created, try visiting https://ib.airbank.cz and clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then click Autofill next to your Airbank Login. Let me know if it fills for you.

• grongor
    grongor
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, the login workflow changes based on whether you are using the same browser, IP, ... so usually it's just username, then password and then you are in - that's what I need to be fixed. For other flows, like birthday or confirmation from app it's, of course, ok if 1Password doesn't work perfectly - you usually don't go through this flow.

And yes, I tried that and it doesn't work. On the first page it manages to fill the username (only when I click the Autofill button manually), but then on the password page it's lost - I can't get it to autofill the password in any way. I think it might be because of the strange name they use for the password field: authFlow:authPanel:loginInputsWrapper:pwdcode:componentWrapper:component

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grongor – Ah, that makes sense. Can you try adding a custom field to your item in 1Password? You'll want to use authFlow:authPanel:loginInputsWrapper:pwdcode:componentWrapper:component as the label, then you can enter your password where you see "new field". After that, click the three dots to the right of your password and select Password. Here's an example:

Since I can't access the password field, I'm relying on you to test it out and see if it fills for you. Let me know whenever you get a chance!

• grongor
    grongor
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, no luck. The field seems to get focus (caret moves there and classes like ui-focus are added), but autofill doesn't work.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grongor – I'm happy to get an issue filed for my development team to look into it. That said, I'll need a few pieces of info since I can't access the password page myself. Can you take a screenshot of the page (without any personal information revealed)? On top of that, please right click the password field and select Inspect from the context menu. Go ahead and take another screenshot of the page along with the console box that appears and send it back to me. That should be enough for our developers to investigate.

• grongor
    grongor
    Community Member
    Options

Alright, I hope they can fix it somehow :) I also wanted to include the compelte html, but your editor here doesn't allow it, so here is a public link: https://gist.github.com/grongor/112590a80b305afde952d178b7ec48d3

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grongor – This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much. I've got another question for you – I saw a keyboard icon inside the password field. To enter your password, does the website force you to use an on-screen keyboard or does it also let you type in your password with your computer's keyboard?

I also noticed that the password field has a HTML id of id6d. Can you try adding a custom field with the label of id6d. Make sure you change the field to reflect the type of password like this:

I'm not sure if that'll work since we didn't have any luck with the HTML name, but it's worth a shot. Let me know how you get on!

• grongor
    grongor
    Community Member
    Options

No luck, still doesn't work. And no, the keyboard is just an additional option, you are allowed to type the password as usual.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I really appreciate you giving that a try, @grongor! This is valuable information that I can include in the report to our developers. I've pass it along, and I'll reach back out to you if the developers have any questions.

ref: dev/core/core#1112

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jiri! I'm so sorry to have missed your post earlier. Your default icon is similar to grongor's, so I must have looked right over it. That's my bad, and I apologize.

I took a look at the website you reported – https://sis.rsts.cz/cibis-web/mvc/security/prihlasovaci/formular

I did notice that there's no 1Password icon inside the fields, so I'll go ahead and pass that along to our development team. That said, I want to make sure you're still able to fill there in the meantime. What I did was create a brand new item by following these steps:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar. Enter your Master Password if 1Password X is locked.
    2. Click the + button, then click Login.
    3. When a new tab opens, title the item, add your username and password, and add the website URL.
    4. Open the website in a new tab.
    5. Click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    6. Click Autofill next to the item you just created.
    7. Click the password field.
    8. Click Autofill next to the item you just created.

I realize that means you have to fill twice, but that's the only way I was able to get an item to fill at the moment. The password field itself is actually hidden, so that can trip up 1Password as well.

Let me know if that works out for you!

ref: dev/core/core#1113

This discussion has been closed.