1Password X not working on Tor 8

Options

Tor 8 is out and is based on Firefox 60. But the 1Password X extension does not seem to work. Trying to authorize the extension for the first time shows a blank, white screen. Any clues on what might be happening?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@arunsathiya: We generally test with supported browsers, since our focus is for 1Password to work there. So I don't think this is something we've encountered. Can you tell me what you're seeing in the logs on 1Password X's background page? That may shed some light on the difficulty.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member
    Options

I'd love to see this working, can you let me know what information you need to troubleshoot and how to retrieve it?

• @arunsathiya, @TheDave: By default, the Tor browser enables "Always use private browsing mode" in the Privacy & Security settings. Unfortunately, 1Password X doesn't currently support private browsing mode in Firefox. If you disable that option, 1Password X should work for you.

• TheDave
    TheDave
    Community Member
    Options

Oh interesting, that seems to have done it. I'm fine with the privacy compromises as I use TBB for access to .onion and not out of any particular need to protect my privacy beyond normal considerations.

Thanks!

• Glad to hear it, @TheDave!

• davidweek
    davidweek
    Community Member
    Options

"By default, the Tor browser enables "Always use private browsing mode" in the Privacy & Security settings. Unfortunately, 1Password X doesn't currently support private browsing mode in Firefox. If you disable that option, 1Password X should work for you."

This is important news for us TOR users, and it took me a long time to find it. Perhaps you can include it in the regular 1Password help files.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing that with us, @davidweek! Tor isn't one of our supported browsers, so i don't see anything going into our documentation about it. That said, I appreciate you posting it here since Tor users may come across this forum post and learn from your comment. :)

If you ever have any other questions, feel free to reach out and we'd be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.