Accidentally deleted my application support folder

Options
wonder
wonder
Community Member

Hi,

On January 2nd, I was using DaisyDisk utility to free up space on my Mac and by accident deleted Application Support > 1Password 4 folders with all current data and backups. My Sync Type was iCloud and I was using 1Password on my iPad, Mac, and iPhone.

I was able to restore the latest database from the iPad using iTunes File Sharing, but it was dated September 2019. I realized then that for some reason iPad (and iPhone?) could not sync with Mac (perhaps because my iCloud Drive was full?) and their latest sync data was Sep 2019.

I used all possible options to try to find and recover my database but seems like all the data added between Sep to Jan 2 is lost. I am writing here as my last resort.

Even tried data recovery utilities, but for some reason, they are not showing the files I need as well.
Any clues where to dive?

Lost passwords to my client's project and I need to return ~$20k worth of money now because of no access to data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wonder! Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried recovering the files you deleted using a Time Machine backup on your Mac, instead than on the iPad? From what you wrote, it sounds like your Mac had the latest version of your 1Password data, so with Time Machine enabled, it's possible that you will be able to recovery everything from up to an hour before you deleted those files.

This discussion has been closed.